Posts by DennyG RH

I've used AX FX for my band's first EP (Ring Hollow) and my Vocalist is a up and coming producer (he uses Helix for his projects currently), and lastly, I have owned a Kemper since 2016.

The only way I can describe the subtle differences is "authenticity" the kemper has exactly that. What I have noticed is a lot of people who are exposed to AX or Helix are usually sold on those units and believe it is the same as a Kemper.

Modelers VS a profiler...its hard to compare. I have heard tones from each source and appreciate all of them for what they are. I think you hit it right on the head with this. Because it does require more patience and an ear for authenticity using a Kemper..some people just don't have the patience.

The other systems are perhaps more immediate, have more evolved characteristics, especially in the effects / editor, but their sound seems more distant from the classic analog sounds of the valves.

Just became a new member although I've been reading through forums since 2016 when I first got the Kemper Powerhead.

I got the Kemper because an old friend of mine had filled in for our band (Ring Hollow) when my son was born and he used one. Seemed super convenient and highly customizable and sold me on one. I thought it looked super cool too.

Before I was a 5150 and 6505+ owner. I loved those amps but hated carrying them around, not to mention, once you find the sweet spot that's about it for those amps. I was never into having a glorious pedal board or an elaborate setup. I keep it simple cuz I hate moving gear lol

Previous Rig
    -6505+/5150
    -BBE 882i
    -Maxon OD-808
    -MXR Noise Clamp (through the loop)
    -Boss NS-2 (in front)
    -Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay
    -Mesa Straight Slant 4x12

New Rig
    -Kemper Power Head
    -FCB1010 controller
    -Mesa Straight Slant 4x12

I love ESP guitars and own a E-II T-7B

Probably wont write much after this, just here to read and learn. As far as profiles, I've been a fan of STL tones and TAF