Posts by Midimax

As a home studio user, I've been looking for threads in this forum that would help me anwer my question if it's possible to use my Kemper Powered toaster as external FX processor for previously recorded audio sent from my DAW and record back the effected signal.

I understand that this topic may not be interesting for guitar players as it is more about post-processing.

I found a similar thread here, but during my own tests of the steps described in that thread, I have made some observations that I would like to share with others that may confirm my method or prove me wrong.;)

1. Connect RETURN INPUT at the back of the unit to receive audio from the LINE OUT of an audio device.

2. Connect MAIN OUTPUT at the back of the unit to send processed audio to LINE IN of an audio device.

3. Use INPUT button at the front and set input source to RETURN input (Reamp) with a SOFT knob.

4. Switch OFF the STACK section and use EFFECTS section for any effects of your liking.

5. Use Clean Sense in INPUT section and MASTER VOLUME knob to avoid distortion while keeping optimal signal level.

I was surprised that I do not need use any Kemper effects or stomp slot for FX Loop setup.

I haven't tried this method with a stereo setup yet, but I guess it should work as well using RETURN + ALTERNATIVE Inputs and L+R MAIN Outputs.

I am mostly tempted to use this for mono in -> stereo out setup (rotary effect and especially double tracking).

So far, it seems to me, that this setup might reduce my occasional GAS for additional plugins or even replace my current outboard FX chain (Radial X-AMP - guitar stomp boxes - DI or HiZ studio preamp input).

I'd be happy to check any recommendations of more experienced users of Kemper that have attempted to find their own way of using their Kemper for a similar purpose.

Hi all,
    I was just trying to search for this forum's threads to find an answer for the same issue. :)
    I have only started with making my first profiles and I also experience no change (no Kemper sound when switching the soft buttons in order to compare the return level).
    I think this should work even without disconnecting any cables.

I'm hooking it up as follows -
    Guitar -> Kemper Input
    Kemper Direct Out/Send -> Amp Input
    SM57 and Sennheiser MD409 mikes to mic inputs of UAD Apollo interface -> direct Cue mix send to Apollo Output 3
    Apollo Output 3 (TS jack) -> Kemper Return (TS jack)

I was monitoring the sound on the interface (Apollo) headpohne output as suggested in
    Rhett Shull's profiling guide

The only difference (in comparison with the official Kemper guide) that I spotted in his tutorial is his usage of Main Outs.
    BTW, I think he makes great profiles.
    I do not have the KPA's Main Outputs connected to anything during profiling.

Finally, after some two years of reading and watching reviews and opinions and saving money, I can proudly present myself as new Kemper power head user.
    I plan to use it in my home studio to record, reamp and create profiles for myself and for other people.
    I can´t wait for the weekend to start exploring the possibilities of my new toy. :thumbup:
    I am afraid my collection of guitar amps is going to be covered with dust soon, which will only make my neighbours happy.
    Best regards from the Czech Republic.