Posts by Thomas Elgar

Thanks BayouTexan! Much appreciated.
    I tried both Direct Out and Monitor Out, same issues.
    I haven't tried going directly into the powered cab yet - can give that a whirl when I'm back home again.
    However, I decided to submit a support ticket and quickly got back, saying that "something sounds broken".
    Hopefully it will be resolved fairly soon :)

Hi all.
    Very stoked to receive my Power Kemper Kabinet yesterday. However, after following instructions and setting it up, I was a bit disappointed to experience what can be described as a lot of fuzz on the sound, especially when playing on the lower end strings. Also, the sound dies out a lot quicker in quiet areas. I'm playing clean profiles, and have tried a dozen. Compared to my monitor speakers (Yamaha HS08s), there is a world of difference on the sound.
    I've attached an audio sample of the Powered Kemper Kabinet vs. the Yamahas vs direct SPDIF, which clearly shows what I mean. The audio example is a loop, so same playing on all three. Decided to include SPDIF, as the Yamaha audio doesn't sound as good as it does in the room (because of feedback issues).

Bit of details:
    Unpowered Kemper Rack
    Yamaha HS08s plugged through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, thru SPDIF.
    Powered Kemper Kabinet plugged into the Monitor Out of the Kemper with an instrument cable (tried changing this cable as well).
    I also tried the Direct Output on the back, same issue.
    Audio recorded with a Røde NT2-A

I've tried tweaking the kab louder and profiler lower, and vice versa. Tried noise gate. Same results.
    Any idea on a fix or is my kabinet broken on arrival?

Loop on Powered Kemper Kabinet:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Loop on Yamaha HS08:
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Loop direct to PC:

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your reply guys.
    I understand there might not be any use for the EQ, so I'll try it out with and without, just for fun. At least I now know where to put it.
    So, the way I'm thinking of setting it up would be something like this:

1. Would this be the right way of connecting it?
    2. Any comments regarding cables and input/outputs used? The ones I've chosen correct?
    3. As you mentioned danel59, connecting it like this would negate the EQ from my Audio Interface, which is connected via SPDIF. What I'm thinking is Kemper-and-up in the stack for live, Kemper and down for home studio purposes. (Can use soft-eq). Sound ok?
    4. Any other tips regarding settings I should go for?

Thanks again for any input. As I mentioned, I'm very fresh on all the technical stuff. :)

Hi everyone,

Fairly new to Kemper and the forum, so apologies in advance if it's been mentioned before or just a dumb question (I have made an effort an searched for it).

So, I have the unpowered Kemper rack, which is connected through my sound interface (sapphire pro40) and into some active speakers.
    I now want them through a cabinet for practice sessions, so I bought a used Harley Benton GPA-400 power amp, which is going to run into either a self built Camper Plus 112 cab or the new Kemper Kab(depending on the price). While purchasing the power amp, I also got a rack-EQ for nothing. (I thought what the hell, might need it for something, sometime.) It's a Behringer FBQ1502HD.

My question is;
    Would there be any point in adding that EQ into my practice setup? It seemingly has way more bands, so could it be benefical to use this, instead of Kemper's internal/in addition to? Also, feedback detection might be something...? Where would I put this EQ in my setup? Before Kemper? After Kemper? (Guitar->Kemper->EQ->PowerAmp->Cab?) (Guitar->EQ->Kemper->PowerAmp->Cab?). Anywhere else?)
    As you can see, I have limited experience with these kind of setups. I'm historically a guitar-into-amp and play guy.
    Kemper is connected to the soundinterface by SPDIF, so that shouldn't compete for any slots.

Thanks for any help in advance! Much appreciated.
    Thomas