Posts by mikey ince

I just got the behringer xr18 so can pan my channels now and everything is in stereo and ohhhhh myyuiuuyyyyy!!! Turn on the mimiq and I’m just blown away! Add the Strymon big sky and timeline. IM DONE! I just don’t know what I’ve been missing out on all this time

Ah so you have a mixer after your interface. Then instead of my xlrs going to the speakers they go to a separate channel of a mixing board which you can pan to each side on the board?

So would your left and right signal be split correctly as I thought mine would have been already as everything is set in stereo

cheers. I’m kinda new to setting this up correctly so the help is really appreciated

Yeah everything is set up in stereo, I mean I’m getting the same noise. So yours is going to a board where’s mine isn’t. It’s going to an interface then xlr to individual speakers so not panned. Is this my problem?

thanks for this, maybe I’ll get to the bottom of it

Hey ohg! Are you by any chance running yours into two amps?

Yeah everything is in stereo and still getting that same sound. I had presumed it’s because I had it going to an interface and then monitor speakers. Using it at home not live. I’d like to get to the bottom of it but yeah might have to wait for the phase widener like Karlic said

Hey! Anyone got any experience with this?

I’ve put the mimiq in the stereo fx loop (correctly with another pedal) sounds great on clean but anything with gain is horrible and phasey.

I’m going Kemper - interface - monitor speakers.

Does anyone know if it’s because it’s going into an interface and 2 monitors rather than straight to two different amps?

Maybe I’m chasing a sound I kind of already have with the monitors

cheers guys!

Hey!

I’ve put the mimiq in the stereo fx loop (correctly with another pedal) sounds great on clean but anything with gain is horrible and phasey.

I’m going Kemper - interface - monitor speakers.

Does anyone know if it’s because it’s going into an interface and 2 monitors rather than straight to two different amps?

Maybe I’m chasing a sound I kind of already have with the monitors

cheers guys!

Cheers guys! I feel like I’ve learned a lot about my amp today!

Sooooo I’ve picked some bits up and got the big sky running in stereo.

I also picked up a tc mimiq doubler today which I’ve put in the stereo loop after the big sky. Sounds great on clean but awful on anything dirty. Like a phased chorus sound which I’ve seen other people in forums having problems with but because they were running it in mono and the problem had gone when they had set it up in stereo. Does anyone have any experience with this pedal running it into an interface and studio monitors.

Makes me think even after I’ve sorted the stereo effects loop that it’s not working properly!

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks very much for the swift reply! yeah my main output already is set to stereo. I thought I was on the right track then was not so sure after talking to the guys in the shops about it who didn't know. ill go buy a bunch of cables and give it a go then. thanks again

Hey I’m mikey and had my power head for 2 years but not that great with all the technicalities such as all of the different ins/outs and pretty much everything else! This is the first forum I’ve ever posted in as well!

For home use

I have the power head - Steinberg ur44 interface - Yamaha hs8s

I’ve searched tirelessly on the web and asked in every store around to no avail.

I’ve just bought a couple of Strymon pedals (big sky and timeline) and want to run them in stereo. I’ve found that I can run them both in the stereo effects loop with the x or mod slot which I will have to figure out when I try it but will this actually come out as stereo after it’s been to my interface then my speakers?

I was under the impression that It would because I’ve got main out l/r to input 1+2 of interface which then go off to their seperate speakers. Everything I’ve seen on the net people are running stereo to two seperate amps and a guy I was speaking to in a store said it might not work because of the interface.

I’ve got trs l/r Kemper main output to ur44 input 1+2(l/r)

Ur44 l/r trs out to hs8s xlr in

any help would be so greatly appreciated! I really want these pedals in stereo

thanks in advance!