Posts by piazza

Hello all!

While trying out my new Kemper I started to re-record the lead guitars of an instrumental tune i did a couple of years ago. I used a self created profile of my Friedman Smallbox 50 boosted with a Xotic EP, and filmed the whole thing.

Bass: Fabio Trentini
    Drums: Wolfgang Haffner

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let me know what you think!

Best,
    Hans

Thanks to all for the nice welcome!

The profile I made did sound a little different to a conventional recorded track (more mids, different low end), but not better or worse and if I didn’t knew I couldn’t tell the difference.

And now I know where that difference came from ... to profile I had to change the routing in my DAW and accidently routed the SM57 to a dead end - so the resulting profile was without the SM 57 :rolleyes:

Hey Thomas :)

Klar erinnere ich mich, ist auch schon wieder eine Weile her! Deine Profile werde ich gelegentlich mal testen, aber das coolste am Kemper für mich ist dass ich meinen eigen Kram Profilen und mitnehmen kann - aber ich werde mal reinhören! Das Axe Ultra steckt schon seit einer Weile nur noch als Effektgerät und Backup im Live-Rack, von daher vermisse ich da nichts :)

Grüße,
    Hans

Hello everybody!

Newly convert here! After some years with the axe fx and real amps with load boxes/IR and always returning to the ‚real thing‘, I was at first very sceptical about the Kemper. Receiving reamped DI-Tracks with mediocre results didn’t help either (I know now it was not the Kempers fault, just a poor choice of profiles). But recently I got the chance to try the toaster of a friend at my home to profile my own setup by myself and what should I say - I was sold! The profile I made did sound a little different to a conventional recorded track (more mids, different low end), but not better or worse and if I didn’t knew I couldn’t tell the difference. So I got my powered rack last week - usability is great as well, at first I was a little frightened about all the knobs, but if you look closer they all make sense and the basics are mostly self explanatory so far :)

These are the first two profiles I made: http://www.hplatz.de/DLZHAGch34.zip

All the best,
    HP