Posts by VegasG

I have both an Axe-FX III and Kemper rack. I play for myself, in my home studio, don't play out, and have no plans to at 62+.

I switch back and forth often using the one with the best sound for the moment. The Axe has greater effects on-board, but the Kemper supports and accepts external effects like pedals and rack effects; I've even used the Axe for effects into the Kemper. The Kemper "feels" better and real. It punches like a real Plexi, Vox, or BF Twin.

I like the Kemper profiles for the older Fender amps and early Marshalls. The Axe amps don't really sound better straight out of the box, but allows for a lot of tweaking both in the amp and the cabinet blocks.

In the end I spend 60% of my time on the Kemper, its more organic and natural sounding and amp feel. The Axe can be sterile and remote.

I've put in storage all my tube amps and cabinets which I began "acquiring" in the 69-70 period. Sold off a few dupes, but haven't played one in more than two years.

I've had an Axe-FX II since it came out. Got a Kemper early this year. Got an Axe-FX III early May.

Some amps are far better sounding on the KPA; some are better on the AFIII. Effects are better on the AFIII, but not good enough to do away with outboard effects. Fuzzes, boosts, tape echos, etc.

Have been back and forth using AFII as an effects processor in the loop of the KPA and/or the AFIII. Even had all 3 going together. Talk about a wall of sound. =O

Probably could let go of AFII with no loss, but I got space ......

If there could be only one ........... tough, very tough call, would have to test hard for a while. But, slight edge would go to KPA at this time.