Posts by gazhimself

Not At all...

All information is getting read through and I’m sure will be useful down the line.

Still building the breadboard and starting to look at a very basic script to get me started. The plan is to have the 15 buttons call up the first 15 profile in performance mode (slot 1-3)

Once I have this working I can get to work getting the LED and such working as i’d like. I’ve never done any coding (or anything like this) so it’s a slow process, but I’ll get there.

Keep the conversation flowing. Again, if anyone has any very basic scripts they’re happy to share, I’m all ears. So far, I’m getting lost in the multiple pages/scripts as most are adding banks and LCD Panels that I don’t require.

Thanks!

Thanks guys for all your input. I'll get hold of the software and try getting some basic commands working ASAP then look to develop further.
    I do have an FCB1010 that I can use the with the Kemper at the moment, I had looked at re-housing that as another shorter-term project but I'm leaning towards keeping the FCB1010 as stock and using it until I've got my custom build together in a position to gig with.

Thanks for this offer - I'd really appreciate the assistance.
    I've looked at your board, but it's just too much for what I need - Thanks for the kind offer through.

Hello all,

I've spent the last few days looking for the 'perfect' MIDI controller for me.

I've realised I do things differently, so I'm going to have a go at building one. I don't like dancing around my pedal board, I use about 8 different sounds in a gig and I want to have them available at the push of a button.

My board will feature 8 MIDI PC to switch between the 1st 4 profiles of the first 2 performances in the Kemper's performance mode.
    I will then have 5 CC buttons to control Stomp boxes A-D & X. (These will mainly be used for boosts/EQs and not used that frequently as all FX needed are programmed into the PCs instead!)

I'd also like to keep a tuner in the loop which can be engaged at any time (In an ideal world, I'll have the 3 light Kemper tuner always on display above this button - But that's low on the priority list)
    Finally, a tap tempo button, with the LED constantly blinking the current tap tempo attached.

No banks, No expression, No Loops.. All quite simple.

[Blocked Image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/911/40867950524_e688a3beaf_k.jpg]

I've been downloading any templates I can and I have searched the forums extensively.. However, the ones I've seen are way too detailed and I quickly get lost in the code as I have no need for banks, loops etc.

Does anyone have a basic script I can start with? Happy to throw someone a couple of quid to give me a hand scripting it if needed.
    I've purchased a Arduino Mega board (I bought this to give me enough inputs/outputs for 20 live switches). I may decide to extend to a screen/loops/banks down the line so wanted to have the base infrastructure in place to do this if I desired.

I also have ordered an alloy case and all appropriate switches & LED to start my board - It's the scripting and programming side I'm a bit put off by... I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Looking forward to getting this all together! Thanks in advance for any help!
    Gaz. :thumbup:

So here is the wiring for the arduino mega:
    https://code.google.com/p/tlc5…/ArduinoMegaHardwareSetup

martin

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm just about to start my MIDI Board build.

I just want to have 14 presets laid out on 1 board with a Tap Tempo (15 total switches)
    Because of this, I believe I'm going to need the Mega board (To allow space for all the inputs)

Images of how the board was wired have all now gone missing on the internet. Could you please send me them over or re-upload them so I have something to work on?

Thanks.