Posts by darkphader

Seems that an 8 ohm impedance load is nominal for the powered Kemper, but if one is using two 8 ohm speakers in a 2x12 is there a preference in the wiring?

Is in series at 16 ohm to be preferred over in parallel at 4 ohm (or vice versa)?

Thanks!

Chris

For me, a locked parameter doesn't need to be saved. I think the parameter should be saved with the patch if it's not locked and not if it is locked. At the least provide such an option.

I have a few input profiles stored for different guitars, basically clean sens and distortion sens settings that lock in when switching instruments. I found out, to my dismay, that when editing a performance patch while a particular input profile was locked in the patch would store the locked input parameters. This seems counter-intuitive to me as moving to the default input profile with no locks no longer provides one an unaffected input section.

Of course one may want to store the sens parameters as part of the performances patch, but I think it would be cleaner if it only did so only when those settings were unlocked.

I use a powered Kemper (monitor cab off) feeding a Rick Johnson 1x12 Cab (common pine, open back, lacquered tweed) with a Jensen Jet Tornado Stealth 65. Basically using the Kemper like I would any amp head. Sounds glorious. Also like it with an EVM-12L, but the Stealth sounds really great and is a lot lighter (neo mag). Would probably find the EVM a better choice if I used drop tunings or played metal (I don't).

The powered KPA through a guitar cab with "monitor cab off" sounds fine, but I'm wondering if anyone uses it without engaging the "monitor cab off"?
    Not that a guitar cab would be FRFR, but some might get close, for example a fairly neutral sounding cab with a smooth speaker with a good range like an EVM-12L. I've read that some modeler users prefer to disable the tweeters on their FRFR cabs and this would be somewhat similar. Maybe the monitor out EQ could add in just enough extra high-end if necessary.
    Basically for smaller gigs, no FOH, no running through the PA, and in order to get the various profiles sounding a bit more realistic than "monitor cab off" might provide.

Thanks!

Chris

Just had this failure twice in a row.

Basically when the remote fails its display activates with the backlight and then go blank several times staying blank after the KPA is fully booted. When the remote works its display activates with the backlight, then the backlight goes off but the display does not go blank, its content remains readable albeit no backlight until the KPA finshed booting and then the remote bacllight activates.

Seems to be some sort of timing bug between the KPA and its remote.

I have the same issue. Every now and then the remote simply does not activate and the only remedy is a reboot of the KPA.

EDIT: I'm a network engineer, it's not the cable. Several known good ones, including the factory one have exhibited this issue.