Posts by Nothisworld

Many thanks.

1. That means I can recreate any Preset manually. However, Stomp Presets allow me to put a Chorus on top of, say, a Distortion. This I cannot have merely by tweaking the knobs of Stomp Type distortion.

2. I would not want to delete them. Simply bypass them. Is this done by not touching the Browse knob whatsoever? As once you turn it there is no way to set it to “none” or “bypass” or “off”

Many thanks for all the quick and eloquent replies.

Alright, so a Stomp Preset is no more than a specific setup for an FX (a Stomp Type, in KPA nomenclature) that you may fancy using or not at all. This being so I have further queries about them:

1. There are loads of Stomp Presets! 238! Are these Presets simply a specific setup of the particular knobs that come with a given Stomp Type? For instance, if I select Stomp Type Air Chorus I have three knobs specific to that effect for me to tweak to taste: Depth. Crossover &Volume. Now, is a Preset just a specific tweak, a specific "clock-position" of those knobs? Or are they adding an FX on top of the Stomp Type? If it is the latter, and I am pretty convinced it is, wouldn't it be more functional to simply create a chain of Stomps? What is the added-value of having Presets really? Especially if experts will probably prefer to use their own presets rather than factory ones.

2. What if I do not wish any Preset to be activated whatsoever? I cannot seem to be able to use a Stomp Type with no Stomp Preset. I'd like to turn the Stomp Preset functionality off.

3. to experts: do you find factory Stomp Presets any good?

Hi everyone,
    Can anybody give a clear explanation about the difference between Stomp Types and Stomp Presets?

How are they supposed to work together?
    What is the function of the Stomp Presets? Is it to enrich and broaden the features of the Stomp Types?

I find this very confusing, as I see choruses, delays, distortions on both Stomp Types and Stomp Presets.
    Many thanks

My Rigs simply shows those Rigs where the tag Rig Author equals the tag Profiler Owner. When you create your own profile, the tags Rig Author, Amp Author and Cabinet Author are automatically prefilled with Profiler Owner

I see, then the question that would follow would be whether I can change the Rig Author of any given rig. Or else I can only be tagged as Rig Author when I have done the actual amp+cabinet profiling myself.
    Not that I have any particular interest in setting myself as the author of others' cool rigs, but rather to forget about the My Rigs section altogether for as long as I do not profile any amp myself.

Many thanks for your replies!

My current problem with the Interfaces headphone out is exactly that the representation of stereo effects are not the same as on the kemper.But i already going with two xlr cables and main output set to "master stereo" but still dont get the sound right on the interface.

I guess i have to double check the signal chain and processing maybe somethings still messing up my signal.

Perhaps stupid of me but have you tried connecting your Kemper to your interface with TRS or spdif cables? XLR should be conveying line level signal. You want instrument level signal instead.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You're running a single cable to your interface? That's a mono signal. If you have any delay or reverb activated, you're hearing it in stereo through the KPA headphone out and mono through your interface. That will make a huge difference in how it sounds.

Ok, problem fixed. Thanks everyone, you guys rock!
    I'm now using 2 Instrument cables, with Main Output set to Master Stereo. Headphone Space ticked off (to get the space parameter in headhones AND main outputs).
    Glorious sound via my interface headphones out. Yessss!!!

These two simple instructions led me to solve my issue, which was the same stated at the start of this thread.

In particular, I kept forgetting to switch the input to stereo in my DAW.

I cannot figure out the conclusion of this thread. Is there one? Help most appreciated

I have the same issue as the gentleman who started this thread: the sound coming out of the Kemper alone is noticeably better defined than the sound coming out of my Interface (Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP).

And the point of it all is that in order to record our Kemper tones into a DAW most of us go through an interface.

Hence, what is it? Is it that we're using crummy interfaces?

PS: I do not see why the headphone amp of the focusrite would be the sole issue. The sound coming out of the monitors hooked up to the interface is not top either.

Hi all,

I know this may be a matter of taste to some extent, but I would like to know your opinion on which rig is theoretically better as far as tone quality preservation is concerned:

With the left-hand-side option I will have to run through a greater number of analog-to-digital conversions, as unfortunately the GAP Pre-73 does not have a SPDIF input/output.
    With the right-hand side rig I can go digital right out of my KPA, but I have to settle for the built-in preamps of the Focusrite.

As far as I know, I cannot get the best of both worlds.

Many thanks all,