Posts by LiamUK

This is very subjective, but if all you need is to get ideas laid down, work demos out, I think L6 Native is an acceptable way to record.

Anything decent is OK to use on demo stuff IMHO. The Kemper really records well. I was amazed how well an Axe FX 11xl sounded on a studio recording I did. The Kemper is so much more to my taste, and it sounds just so f.good. :)

A/B trials are one thing, but if no one knows what you used, I really don't think they'd even mention it. I used a Les Paul on a video I did, and recorded the solos on an Axe FX. Amazing, people told me I had got a classic Les Paul sound, through some valve amp really loud. No, I used a Strat with Seymour Duncan's and an Axe FX... People believe what they see. :) lol

I also concur with the general consensus that nothing rivals a Kemper for sound/realistic quality.
    Someone's already mentioned 'Bias Grid', which you 'can' get good results with, and use live with their midi control pedal & an ipad.

A favourite of mine I used in my DAW, is https://www.plugin-alliance.co…roducts/engl_e765_rt.html.

That Engl plug in sounds very, very good, if you are a high gain addict, like I am.... :)

Likewise; I was thinking of adding a TC g major 2, into the effects loop of my Kemper, just to have a little more spec' with reverbs/delays. I was backwards & forwards in thought, "shall I, shan't I", then I saw Brian May 'actually' has two in his rig (four as he has two back-ups) and that swung it. 450 USD, or £265 GBP. I could not say no! All those effects, but more importantly, the array of pretty lights....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The PROFILER is capable of sending up to two different MIDI program changes to up to two different devices whenever a Slot gets loaded in Performance Mode regardless if this Slot is loaded via Remote, manually, via MIDI, or via an analog button.

Which is EXACTLY' what I was looking to do. I know it's not via a midi controller, but as an internal affair, using midi a cable to connect the Kemper & an external processor..

Interesting. I ended up buying a BBE 882i, purely to put backing tracks through, before they reach the mixer. It 'has' given me some nice sounds that the mixer's eq could not have done. 'Everything in moderation' as they say, but it really adds some beef and clarity and dynamics to the sounds. I was almost put off by the varied 'snake oil' comments, but it really does make a substantial difference. I'm not using it on guitar or vocals, although somewhere along the line I will try it through the mixer inserts, and see what it sounds like on a whole mix. Happy days :)

Personally, I wish someone would delete the whole of this thread. It seems, despite expert advice/suggestions, the OP is content to continue, ad nauseum, this pointless quest of not supplying adequate information in order to allow a satisfactory conclusion to his issues. Subsequently, being hyper critical of a unique unit, which really seems like a case of 'a bad workman blaming his tools'. A UK saying...

I confess, I just wish he'd throw both his Kemper and himself off a cliff....
    My eyes & ears are bleeding from this infinite whining.

Ok, so I am usually quite savvy when it comes to midi and such. The Kemper is quite a new unit to me, and throw in an external effects processor, in this instance a TC electronic g major 2.

So imagine I have a particular profile on the Kemper that I wish to add a certain TC reverb to. In simple terms, how do I assign these things to each other?
    ie, when I select the required profile on the Kemper, the TC's required reverb, effect etc, is added to the party?
    Thanks in anticipation. If this query is mentioned elsewhere, please let me know. Thanks.

I keep reading about Kemper effects, and how some folks feel the need to use an external processor, as they consider the Kemper effects not as good as they require.
    So, in my boredom, and thirst for knowledge :) I think the Eventide Eclipse & the TC G major 2, seem to be worthy considerations.

I will stress, I'm quite happy with the Kemper effects, but if my sound can be improved by using another effect unit, I'll think about it.

These two units are way apart in terms of price, but in realistic terms, would you actually notice that much difference in sound quality, and secondly, would you 'really' need the infinite scope that the Eventide offers?

Would it be easy enough to programme the Kemper to use effects on an external unit?

Does anyone have working knowledge of both of these units, in order to give an informed view?

I don't re-amp, or anything like that. I was just saying to the other poster that I respected his opinions of wanting to do that. I'm strictly old school :)
    I do appreciate your advice, I was unaware of separating the effects being an option.

Well I could say IMHO, that playing in a live band situation, all 'nuances', marvellous parameter enhancements, and general Harry Potter dark audio like pleasures, will be lost in the chaos that 'is' live performing. As for the studio, everything is laid down dry, so effects of breathtaking wonders are not too high on my list. The Kemper nails it 100% for my needs.
    So any decision based purely on infinite tweaking is irrelevant in my case. :)

NB: I 'did' own an AXE FX11xl, so I speak from experience.....

"if someone doesn't like the AXE FX they automatically are branded to have an anger issue" - Indeed, look at UK reviewer 'Tony McKenzie', slagged off beyond belief by Fractal, for daring to critique the Axe FX somewhat unfavourably.

"Next time you are in New England, let me buy you a can of Heady Topper from The Alchemist (or a few) " - Well that's a real nice gesture. If I ever drag my English ass out of Blighty, and head over to discover the wenches of Salem, I 'will' of course take you up on your kind offer. Reciprocally, if you are ever in Liverpool, UK, I'll offer y'all the same :)