Posts by greengauge

I have an mi.1 and have an app called BandHelper on my iPad. You can create custom layouts in its interface (say per song for example) and add MIDI control buttons to recall anything you want. I can select patches on the Kemper just by calling up the correct song in BandHelper now and even switch settings part way through a song for solos etc. Only really any good for home use as you have to touch the buttons on the iPad but I’m hoping to go one step further and get it working with the Midi from my GigRig G2 so that I can go back to my normal pedalboard for live shows instead of the Remote as I miss some of my favourite pedals. So essentially the iPad will become the translator between the G2 and the Kemper.

I'm new to this forum. I apologise if this has been asked before (I'd be surprised if it hasn't but I can't find it).

Is it ok to use the powered head without a cab? Obviously the digital power amp makes it relatively safe to use any type of cab with the head and usually I do but I have a couple of shows coming up where it would just be a lot more practical to just go straight into the PA but I wanted to make sure that having no load on the power amp wouldn't be a problem. I haven't found any reference to this anywhere which surprises me. Perhaps I'm just being stupid and everyone thinks it's obvious but I want some confirmation before I make a £2000 mistake :D

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

J