Posts by MMichaelis

I'm a guitar player / multi instrumentalist from Hamburg, Germany. If you are interested in my music, just follow the YouTube link in my signature...
    I just bought the Profiler a couple of weeks ago, but I'm already dazzled and totally in love. It solves pretty much all the problems I had when recording guitars (I'm not playing live anymore; but I'm pretty sure, the Profiler would have solved all problems in live situations I had encountered in the past as well).

I already took great benefits from the distributions of the community Kemper has managed to build. When I installed the RigManager, I got almost 14.000 rigs – an unbelievable wealth of sounds and inspirations.

I'd like to pay back some of my dept to you all. I don't have amp-profiles done (yet), but I have a library of Cabinet Responses I'd like to share.

I didn't started by making any decisions about what kind of Cab/Mic/Mic-positioning I prefer. Instead, I tried a systematic approach: I took all five Cabinets I own, recorded them with my two Microphones, in center- and off-axis position, in different distances from the speaker. The result is a library of about 100 impulse responses. Some of those are used in the Profiler directly – which gives me the chance to check the sound of the Rigs as if the amp is connected to my own cabinets, in my own room. Others are used as a reference (or even replacement) for placing the microphones while recording.

You can find the zip'ed file here. It contains all impulse responses as .wav; a collection of recordings (with a Royer R-121; 1x12'' WGS Veteran, 1x12'' Greenback, 1x10'' Fender Junior, 2x12'' Mesa Lonestar) converted to direct use in the Profiler; and a PDF-file with some more information.

I'd be happy if my stuff is of use for anyone else in the Kemper community. Any comments / hints / suggestions are highly appreciated.