Posts by ToCi91

Yes it’s just some devices have a midi value range from 1-128 while others call it 0-127. The hex values are the same.

But weren’t you also describing using a lot of Cc to change slots and performances?

Okay, then the devices (inclusively Cubase in some cases) are counting different. Which hex values do you mean? Or do you mean the bit-representation in the actual midi message?

I've never mentioned to mix PC and CC. The I only use PC. Maginethat, the thread creator, said that he mixes both of them and I wrote that he should only use either CC or PC.

From the manual page 343:

Rig in Performance 1, Slot 1 loaded by program change 0
    Rig in Performance 1, Slot 2 loaded by program change 1
    Rig in Performance 2, Slot 5 loaded by program change 9
    Rig in Performance 26, Slot 3 loaded by program change 127
    You could also use the following formula: (#Performance * 5) - 5 + (#Slot - 1)

And that is exactly what I'm programming into my Kemper (from Cubase). Are we talking about the same thing?

The PROFILER refers to the logical range of 1-128 across the board. This applies to program changes in Browse Mode as well as Performance Mode. It also applies to MIDI banks. Consequently, while no Remote is connected Performance 1 Slot 1 displays program 1 and bank 1 in the dark box on the left.

The numeric range is 0-127. Some devices refer to that. That's why you sometimes have to deal with a gap of 1 in the world of MIDI.

Program changes are sufficient in Performance Mode as long as you stay within the same MIDI bank e.g. from Performance 1 Slot 1 to Performance 26 Slot 3. If that's sufficient, you don't need MIDI bank select. At that Slot the 128 program changes are exhausted. A bank starts with Slot 4. To load that you need to send bank select LSB 2 (numeric 1).

just to be sure, because you quoted me: Did I wrote something wrong?

Even in performance mode, you really only need PC meesages to change rigs. It is very understandable laid out. Performance 1 slot 1 is midipc 1. Performance 1 slot 2 is midipc 2and so on. Performance 2 slot 1 is midi pc 6 etc etc etc…

I’ve never used anything else but pc for switching between performances and rigs.

Don't want to be picky, but performance 1 slot 1 is PC#0, performance 1 slot2 PC#1 and performance 2 slot 1 is PC#5. You missed the counting from zero I guess.

Ich nutze einen KPA Profiler in Kombination mit Cubase, um die Performance mit meinem Playback per Midi und Program Change zu koordinieren. Grundsätzlich klappt das auch. Wenn ich aber z.B. in Cubase häufig hin und her skippe (und somit oft einen MIDI-Befehl an den KPA schicke), friert der KPA gelegentlich ein.

Dies äußert sich darin, dass sowohl alle Knöpfe als auch Midi-Befehle keine Reaktion mehr hervorrufen und das Display auch nichts tut. Sogar das Herunterfahren klappt beim Umlegen des Drehknaufs nicht; stattdessen stürzt der KPA nach ca 5 Sekunden ab.

Es gab im englischsprachigen Forum bereits ein gleiches Anliegen, welches noch nicht beantwortet wurde (Kemper freezes with midi program changes from DAW).

Ich habe einmal eine Beispiel MIDI-Datei angehangen pcKemper.zip, falls es jemand nachstellen möchte. Leider kann ich den Fehler nicht immer provozieren und kann auch nicht sagen, ob die Performances selbst Teil des Fehlers sind.

Ableton Sends a Bank / program change to change the Kemper for performance slot changes. Then within that every CC changes some other type of change

That might be the error. You mix up PC and CC. Either you use two CC signals or one PC signal (see manual page 342). E.g. for the third bank in your 5th performance:

CC#47 value: 4 (5-1, since we start counting from 0)
    and then
    CC#52

Or wirth PC commands (page 343):

PC#12 ( (#Performance * 5) - 5 + (#Slot - 1) := ((3*5)-5 + (3-1))

Both together does not work!

Can you please explain, how exactly you change the patch (maybe with an numerical example)? Do you use the two CC commands or the PC command? I use the PC command and never had such problems. Maybe you also could try this. Do you maybe have some other MIDI signals (for other devices e.g.?)

I vote no, we have better things to be working on, like the new drives and delays. Get a free metronome app on your phone.

I think you (and a lot of other "no" voters) still get not the point: a metronome app on my phone will not fix the looper-problem!
    The drives and delays are quite good. If you're satisfied with them, then why did you buyed a KPA? This is one of the main functions of a KPA.

Why do we need a metronome? I tell you why!
    I loved to loop some of my song ideas with my (15 years old) Boss Loop Station. You simply have the option to adjust a tempo and the metronome starts exact at the time you push the record button. Also it quantized the recorded loop, so it has EXACTLY n beats.
    You don't have to worry about synchronising an extern click, either on stopping the record at the exact time.

The Kemper looping function is (in my eyes) totaly useless. Or at least non practical. It's hard to keep the tempo over several beats and it's even harder to start and stop the record on point. This is very annoying, if you where able to record without any mistakes and the loop is useless, because you missed the right instant of time.

As a software engineer, I can say that it can't be that hard, to implement such easy functionality into such a powerful tool like the KPA. Especially, when there are 20 years old looper with twice as much functions!

On the other hand, the reverse and the half-speed functions are needles. I've never used them nor have seen someone using it.

So in the end:

+1 for metronome in the looper!