Posts by Southdakota

MuddySludge....that is a cool ass song! And great mix.....the drums really sound punchy. Yeah man, who needs plug ins and software??!! LOL Like Locrain said above, knowing how to use the gear you have is more important than having the latest and greatest. This song proves that theory!

808illest, Locrain, Monkey Man and Sharry.....thank you for the kind words!

So I've got a question for you , what is the kind of workflow needed to begin recording on these, once you gathered a few friends ? Is it long to setup before hitting the record button ?

Waraba, I have never uses it to record a live situation. I do it all myself and multitrack all instruments. It's quite easy. Start with a click track and lay down a scratch guitar. Lay down drums, bass. Then go back and redo multiple layers of guitar tracks and vocals. The only downside is that punching in is very cumbersome so I tend to track all the way through or at least until some kind of break. I do know that on mine, you can only record two tracks simultaneously so in a live situation you could not record 8 separate signals.

• Lol.....That's hilarious and very true on my end! That Korg is a nice looking unit. I was brought up with the mentality that anything worth doing is worth doing right but honestly, no one cares about my music other than me. I'm not trying to write a hit song so I'm totally fine with what I record. Maybe someday....

And thanks for the complement!

I admit....I'm old school, or maybe just lazy. Or both. And music is just a hobby for me. So I write a lot of original music but prefer to record via a Tascam DP008 digital multitrack vs software. And I record live drums on a crappy Simmons electronic set. Yes, the sound is not great. I realize that. But it's good enough for me and it is enjoyable. Just curious if I'm the only one stuck in the stone age?

My latest creation:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My whole crappy soundcloud lineup: http://www.soundcloud.com/natebauer

What made me play guitar? Well... I will answer very simply and directly, this is sad but true :

My father commited suicide when I was 7 years old and he left me his guitar , that's the only souvenir I got from him. So I started to play on that guitar at 7 years old...

So sorry to hear that. That guitar must hold quite a special place with you. At the very least, I'm happy that out of that tragedy you got the joy of music. Peace man!

My favorite new band......Lucifer

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My favorite band of the decade.....Ghost

External Content youtu.be

And no, I'm not a Satanist! Lol.

My dad was my initial influence. Played in a country band in the 70's and 80's. Some of my earliest memories were watching his band practice in the house. He bought me my first Kiss album in 1978 and from there it was game on. I still have his 74 Fender Jazz, 78 Strat and mid 80's Carvin 612 double neck. Every gig I play with my rock cover band we do some Johnny Cash and I send it up to dad.

I've always had trouble trying to make the volume of each of my rigs the same for live use. Perceived volume between clean vs varying gains is tricky so it really becomes a guessing game. Would be nice to have a feature that would equalize output volume across a whole performance.
    ********EDIT....Thanks to wheresthedug's reply....How about volume equalization of all profiles as they are uploaded to the Kemper. So that as you are browsing, every profile is at identical db level. There are times that i do want my heavier profiles a bit louder live because those songs tend to have more up front guitar. This way, as im modifying profiles i know that 0 db in rig volume is the starting point and is the same for all profiles. Right now, "0 db" in rig volume means nothing other than a reference point to that specific profile.

Everyone else beat me to it but, yes. The effects have to be set on the base tone and then just turned down. It's been working great for me and then it frees up the stomp slots on the remote for other less used flavors.

Yeah, it's honestly the best 2G Ive ever spent....my wife might not agree. In my main live set up I have a Heritage Colonial, Friedman JJ, Driftwood Mini Nightmare and an Engl Powerball. I have never played any of these amps nor would I probably ever get the chance if not for Kemper. It's just insanely awesome.

Very good point. I think you are spot on as for most mesa profiles being dialed into that traditional scooped sound. And I didn't mean to bash mesa. I had mine sounding great with KT77's and some EQ changes. Even so, I'm still drawn more to the Friedman's, JCM 800, Orange kind of vibe......And again, even more so now after scrolling through my Kemper!

Pamplemousse, yeah, there are so many variables. And in my case, i played many gigs with the Roadster and you get so used to a certain tone. Its not until you can scroll through profiles that you really get a great sense of all of the subtle and not so subtle differences.

"I'm sure you"ll reconciliate with boogies then "

Lol.....you know, I did love my Mesa clean. And honestly, I didn't mind the other channels but it wasn't until I was scrolling through profiles and every time a Mesa came up it had that same...not sure what you call it...scooped, big bottom and slightly fizzy top. No matter how it's EQed there is still that inherent "thing" that makes it a Mesa!

I will check out your mesa clean. Also want to find a Mesa TC50 profile. I need the EL's!!!!!