Posts by Ivanbarry13

Kemper Rack (unpowered) in performance mode running OS Build 8.6.6.32765. (problem persisted in browser mode)

I had this problem yesterday during a televised festival and I'm immediately doubting the reliability of the Kemper.

I tried all available input sources and none of them recognized any input. I also tried restarting it, twice, and it STILL didn't work.

We were at a festival so obviously it was hot but not NEARLY as hot as other festivals I've done with that same exact rig and it was in the shade the entire day. I have three Kempers racked up in that rig and the other two were fine. They were also on for considerably less time than a typical show day. TLDR not really a good environmental "excuse" for failure as far as I'm concerned.

I turned it on today and everything seems to be fine again. I'm going to update the OS on all three of them but to be honest, I'll spend every show wondering when it's going to happen again and I don't feel like I have the faith in them that I used to.

Really really bummed out.

Yes, that's how I typically go about it, especially since I know the Kemper is eating as much of the tone/gain as it is. My biggest motivation right now is convincing my bandmates to trust the Kemper to grab their favorite amp tones so we can streamline much of our process but the second they heard the difference between the two they were immediately put off, and I honestly can't blame them.

For a box as expensive as this that prides itself as being a profiler, not a sim or modeler like others, its primary function and selling point is the profiling. When it's so quickly easy to prove that it's loosing as much as it is and thus inherently unable to ever get the full juice of the amp, I understand my guys' reluctance to jump on board.

Obviously I'm still an advocate of the KPA and I'm still trying to spread the good word as it were but I'm the kind of person who likes to have an answer for every question as much as physically possible and I can't seem to figure this one out.

For reference, when I was profiling the Tiny Terror mentioned in my initial post, I had to raise the gain from 7 to 8 to match the tones between GTR->AMP and GTR->KPA->AMP respectively. That just seems like a lot more than a little to me but I also might just be being to picky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When profiling today, I noticed that some of my tone was missing while playing my guitar through the KPA into the reference amp. My signal chain was Guitar -> Input and Direct Out/Send -> Input of Reference amp (Orange Tiny Terror).

I thought maybe that the difference was my UTA VariCap Cable and where it was in the chain.

I tried...

Guitar - UTA - KPA - Mogami - Tiny Terror compared to Guitar - UTA - Tiny Terror

Guitar - Mogami - KPA - Mogami - Tiny Terror compared to Guitar - Tiny Terror

In both cases, there was a noticeable lack of tone when going through the KPA to my Tiny Terror compared to going straight into the Tiny Terror. This has me questioning the accuracy of the profiles I'm getting considering the process of A-B'ing between the profile created and the reference amp are not accurate.

Thoughts??