Posts by CelticGibson

XLR or `1/4 inch jack is all the same. What about in Cubase? When you add a track to record the profiler, are you adding a stereo track? Maybe you need to link both channels in the focusrite Mix Control software...

You are connecting to the 2i2 via XLR? The profile might be panned in the stereo field so ensure you are connected to the focusrite in stereo and you pan both channels left and right. Make sure the setting for each input is set to "line" and not "instrument" since the profiler is a line level device. Because you are going into XLR then you are at the mercy of the pre-amps in the focusrite and each pre-amp has a gain control. You need to find a ideal level for each channel with the gain knob.

It sounds to me like the guitars are doubled and panned. Did you try do the same with your profile?

Have a listen to the difference..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

People are getting strikes on their youtube channels just for humming copyrighted songs. Be glad you are not monetising your videos because they would nuke you faster than you can say what the f*ck!. It doesn't matter if you made the song from scratch unfortunately...

Great rendition all the same.

Well the reverb is real. It works. It's part of a KaOS on a profiler and people are beta testing it so it shouldn't take too much longer before it is released into the wild.

The Cabmaker accepts only 44.1kHz IRs. You cannot convert any other sample type or rate. If you want to use those IRs then it might be better to track the profiler sans cab module and insert the IR via an IR loader as a effect module in the track. That way you will still get to use the IRs regardless of the sample rate. Although adding multi sample IR support to Cabmaker might be something for the folks at Kemper to implement in the future if they wish..

Just try the profiler with headphones and a guitar. If there's no latency then there's something bottlenecking your set up. If there is then either you are too sensitive to lag or there's something wrong with the profiler. If you try this then at least you will have moved one step closer to solving your issue...

The profiling process isn't going to change so nothing new will come from that. The only things that could change would be to the product itself however it's going to be difficult to get replacement chip to run without a fan, at 200Mhz, silent and produce what the Motorola 56K can and that's a problem. Look inside the AXIII and see how many heat-sinks and fans are needed to keep that monster in check.

They might plan to double the chip count and maybe incorporating dual profiles for those who want them with a new larger colour display, EtherCON connection on the back for the foot controller, a new arrangement of interface controls on the front but that's about it. These are mostly cosmetic so I don't see it as a major part of their plan. However I could be wrong. Only the lads at Kemper know...

I never thought I would love the AC30 amp until I purchased Matt's Acey30 profiles and boy was I surprised. Apart from the fantastic tones out of the box, you get a wide variety to choose from. Everything from low gain right up to blistering face melting gain. I am more than happy with this profile pack and I am glad it exists. There's not a day that goes by that I don't play the Acey30+ AL profile when I power up the Kemper. That profile alone is pure magic. Add a touch of treble boost and you are in heaven. I seldom give praise like this but for that pack alone it's warranted. I hope Matt sticks around for a long while and that others get to experience that crunchy sparkling love from their profilers like I have...

Thanks Matt...

UX/UI is probably the most nebulous and difficult concepts for a development team to master. This is what separates the like of Apple from their competitors. It's one thing to create a legendary reverb algorithm but it's quite another to make access to that legendary reverb intuitive that a 5 year old would feel at home producing cavernous presets on...

The reason why Kemper would most likely not build a profiler for the floor is because of expense. It would be more expensive to combine the profiler and foot controller into one unit making the overall price much higher than the existing product line and the market may not bear the cost of a floor unit at that price.

So it sounds like as of now there is no way to keep my same settings but just disable the freeze function on the Delay effect?

It looks like you still have the choice of using a legacy reverb that does not contain the freeze function. Then you can continue to use your old method. You took advantage of a limitation that has now been lifted in the new reverbs and it no longer works,

Yes you can. Once connected to Rig Mananger with your Kemper, look for the "My Profiler" folder. It will only show up once the profiler is connected. In that folder is a list of all the profiles currently on your profiler. Simply create a new folder under "local library" and copy the profiles from the "My Profiler" folder to the new folder you created under "Local library". Job done.