Posts by semguigui

Hello,

When I tested once the Axe FX 3, one very convenient stuff (for those who don't use a DAW and don't have an audio interface,) was that the USB port was usable both to play sound from the PC and to record sound from the Axe . It seems it's not the case with the kemper.

IMHO, it shouldn't be so hard to do, USB2.0 is fast enough and on top of that the sound is already digitally converted without latency by the unit...). Is that for some reason impossible to implement in the kemper ?

Thanks for your opinion, it helps a lot.

Are you fully satisfied with this KPA kit ?

I didn't study well enough the offer, I didn't know this camper kit. It seems that they close the back of the palmer with this kit which tells me, as I'm afraid of, that it's probably mandatory with FRFR. I guess you never tried without this closing plate with vents, right?

In my head at the moment, If I go this way I'll probably try the easy way first (palmer + F12X200 screwed in 5 minutes). It will be well finished, and the speaker should be quite similar to the one in the kemper cab according to some people in other threads. Then, I'd have my time to try making it according to celestion specifications (220.pdf) , it will cost just time, wood and screws.

Hello !

Could you help me to think?

I’m really decided to purchase my kemper, and very excited by the announced Kabinet, and I’d like not to wait too much, and I don’t have an infinite budget. The problem is the following. How do I get a cab waiting for the kabinet release without wasting my money too much? (given that there’s a chance that the kemper kab will just be out of my budget, who knows?)

I hesitate between two options :

Option1 : powered head + controller pedal + F12X200 into a palmer cab : 2811€ at thomann, then wait the Kabinet and see if it’s worth spending what it costs at this time.

Option 2 : same but non-powered head (and in white, I prefer it:love:) + either Presonus Eris8 or KRK rockit8 monitors or Laney FR112 cab (all in the 400€ range) : apprx. 2540€ at thomann, then wait the Active version of the Kabinet an see if it’s worth spending what it costs. I tested once the kemper with these KRK’s at home and the axeFX3 on the Laney and the Presonus monitors, and they were all very nice already (for home usage at reasonable volume at least)

In option 1 , my 260€ palmer+F12X200 becomes a bit useless if I take the kabinet, and I’m not even sure the F12X200 into a palmer is a so good idea (not a closed cab, but I could always play to build it if needed : celestion give instructions for this)

In option 2 : this time it’s easier to find another use of the monitors or FRFR cab if I switch to the Kabinet. I risk to wait more, maybe another year, for an active version of the Kabinet. I’ll probably pay a bit more in the end (monitors are a bit more expensive than in option1, and what will be the difference between the passive and active cabinet versions, only the same 400€ than between the powered and non-powered heads?)

I know it's maybe lots of questions in one, but what would you do in my case?

Hello everybody,

I've been the owner of the non-powered head for a 30days test, and hestitated longly to break my piggy bank... But with the last anouncements, the user friendly manager, the editor, and the Kabinet-and-kone stuff, it's quite impossible to resist (to the powered version of course).

My concern is that in my head it's always possible to turn a knob more than wanted, or that someone else than you does it, which could damage both the speaker and everbody around's ears with the 600W amp. am I right?

So my questions/requests would be :

1- Don't know if it exists or if it's worth, but is there a dedicated setting that restricts the range of the power-amp permanently ? it would be a simple setting at the beginning of what is the maximum reasonable output level for the particular speaker you have, and then the output would be settable between 0 and this value for the monitor output.

2- It's a little bit the same fear : I imagine I sometimes work with something active connected to Monitor output, and sometimes a passive cab... Does it start always with the power-amp deactivated, or does it remember the last config used (meaning it could activate the amp at start-up while the active cab is plugged||==>;() ?

cheers