Posts by 1694kyle

When using an external amp to power the Kone, I’ve noticed that the signal from the kemper can overload the input of the external amp. I’m not sure if that’s possible with the internal amp or not. When this happens using the external amp, I turn down the monitor output volume in the output section. Then turn up the amplifier output. Is that an option in a powered kemper?

I don't see an option for controlling the amp section specifically, but I'm pretty new to Kemper. I'll keep checking around.

I recently got the Kabinet and I'm experiencing an odd buzz/fuzziness in any profile I play. Unfortunately I don't have recording gear, but I think I was able to capture it with my phone (link below). The only way I can describe it is when you don't fret a note properly and you get a slight buzz when the string rings out. Problem is that I'm getting that all the time. I've compared it against the headphone output of the Kemper and other amps/guitars. It's only present when using the Kone/Kab combo. It doesn't seem to go away though monitor cab/kone settings in the output area either. When I strum chords, it sounds like fuzziness and is annoying though clean profiles.

In the video is sounds like fret buzz, but it's not! I get it on any guitar through the Kabinet only. Headphones might help to hear it.

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Link to video: Kemper Kone Buzz

All these responses are very helpful. I've got some videos to watch and tweaking to do this weekend. I'd really like to hear this through a cab to see if it's the monitors creating the effect, but I don't have one unfortunately. I will say that volume does seem to help a bit as some have pointed out. I wish I have a way to record and playback to see if it's just something in my head, but I don't have an interface.

I'll see what I can work out this weekend.

Press/Hold the Amp button in the Stack section.

There is a compressor in there. Maybe you missed that one?

You’ll get it dialed in eventually, although I must admit that while I can get it sounding great through my studio monitors (JBL 305’s) I have not fallen in love with it through my Yamaha DXR10 or my Mission cab.

I have seen that compressor and messed with it a bit to no avail. That's interesting about the DXR. I was wondering if that could help the issue, but maybe not? My buddy has some nicer monitors I might try running through to see if the HS8s are just not my taste.

Welcome 1694kyle

Take your time with this great peace of gear!
    Maybe you can tell us your what gear your're using

• Guitar / Singlecoil / Humbucker
    • Audio-Device (analog / digital / FX or Gate active?)
    • and maybe an audio example

Running a 2004 Les Paul Standard with Lollar Imperial Low Wind pups. Nothing for an audio device, just running straight into monitors. I'll work on getting a clip uploaded. My set up is very basic and I don't have software. I was thinking of recording something on Audacity to see if there's a difference listening to something recorded vs live. I've noticed a phenomenon before where the playback sounds much better than what I'm hearing out of my amp/monitors. Could be the distraction of playing vs detailed listening of playback.

It's difficult to troubleshoot when not in front of the device, but it could be just some very minor settings to get you there.

I own a ton of Tone Junkie and MBritt profiles and usually play them through my Rokit5 monitors and it sounds awesome.

Are you running the KPA through an audio interface, of going straight to powered HS8 (assuming you have a non-powered KPA)?

Yes, non-powered KPA and main out > HS8. I feel like I've seen a lot of these types of threads, so I understand it's highly dependent on the individual player and equipment in addition to the KPA settings. I'm not sure what else to check though on my end. The demo videos just sound so clear and amp-like, but my KPA seems to be compressed and sounds a bit similar between profiles. I've done factory resets, changed cabs, turned off compression, adjusted definition, etc.

I figured the difference between profile demos online and playing in the room would be minimal.

Just picked up a Kemper last week and I'm struggling to get the sound I head in demos of profiles or youtube videos. I'm assuming I should be able to get a very similar sound if the demos and my Kemper are playing though HS8s, right? I've seen tons of threads talking about the pure cab, definition, EQ and the litany of other tone controls, but after trying as much as I could find, the Kemper still sounds digital and compressed. When I listen to the ToneJunkie videos the amps sound amazing, but when I play the same profile in-person, it just doesn't sound right.

I've only played cheaper low watt tube amps before the kemper and have never played mic'd through a monitor, so perhaps it's just the nature of mic'd playing? I was just assuming I could get at least a similar sound from someone playing the same system and listening though my monitors. Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption. Curious if anyone else has experienced this.