Posts by keem85

Glad you're making progress. Have you tested with it plugged directly into the wall with the remote plugged in?

While it might be the combination of the two, it could also be one or the other, which would be useful for the Kemper guys to know.

Yep I sent them an email with an update. Two first day stable alone, three days now with the Remote plugged in. So yes to both :)

It's now been five days with my KPA plugged directly in to the wall (no shared outlet, and no smart remote switch; https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/…Switch-Set-3-Pack/18-1255)... It has not been a single DSP error since I switched power outlet.. I am now beginning to gather solid data of where the point of failure actually was.. I feel like I'm 80% certain of this. I'll give it another week to be 100% sure. Hoping KP support will have this in their troubleshooting routine if other unfortunate users experience the same.

This brings me to think that maybe the beta OS is stable after all. Maybe DSP errors does not happen on the Beta OS because of buggy software, but because there is something that makes the KPA not get enough power. I hope that everyone that uses beta OS and experience DSP errors are also checking that their power source is good.

EDIT: It's actually really funny that the Remote was the the straw that broke the camel's back. Since it does not require a lot more juice..Just a teensy little bit extra.. KPA was stable without the Remote, but the Remote made it error all over the place. It was just a tiny bit too much for my smart remote shared outlet switch, so it seems.

Why is it also now in the new reverbs ? I’ve been putting it in the reverb slot for

headphone practice and it sounds great....but what is the reasoning for having

it in the output section and also now the reverb fx. ?

I might be wrong, but I think having "space" at the end of the master output, it will add spatial to everything. Like if you sat in that room, whereas when you add it to the reverb section, you can have other dry signals passing through, for example setting the reverb to PRE instead of POST (hearing your dry guitar at the same time as the wet reverb).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I went in to the output section, it was set to "3" by default. I cranked it up to 10 when I wanted to practice with headphones. But playing through a PA speaker FRFR, would you dial it all the way to 0? This Kemper sound so incredibly good, and I'm too baffled about the versatility and the quality of sound, so I can't be the best judge right now if it's advisable or not 8);)

Yep kemper was stable for good 24 hours now when remote was disconnected.. Gonna put the remote back in now when I go to bed.. Chris Duncan I'm just thinking out loud here: does the kpa require significant more power when remote is plugged in? So much so that the shared power outlet could not deliver? Guess I'm gonna see tomorrow.

Edit: there was also looper material in the memory during idle crash. Maybe having materials in the looper memory of the remote makes the kpa crash, even though its not used. Just food for thought

Chris Duncan morning here now. Kemper is still going strong. I now suspect it's the remote that I disconnected yesterday (that was previously always connected). That's the only logical explanation at this point. Gonna continue to test the kemper without the remote throughout this weekend and see.

No I don't have spikes or anything that can damage the unit. But I have this shared outlet shared with other stuff that can make "noise". I don't have issues with the power in the house or spikes.. But there sure are weak spots when sharing it with other electronics.

RE hum, no that wasn't me AFAIK :)

I wonder if "dirty power" or "spikes/surges" is the culprit? Doubtful, but hey, never know? :/

Wow yes, I run it through shared power outlet! And that power outlet is remote controlled also.. Thanks for pointing that out.. I will follow the one-change-only rule to Chris, and then try it directly to the wall outlet afterwards.

But again, someone mentioned earlier that power inconsistency should not be an issue, as he was using something in between himself.

Yeah! When you mention taking steps to reproduce Chris Duncan I have now disassembled the KPA Remote so that the KPA is alone. Nothing to "trigger" it if that makes sense. And since the crashes did not occur during any activity, I will leave the amp on when I go to bed now. We'll see if it crashes or not during the night.

EDIT: And to answer your question about residue, yes it wipes everything. Presets and all that.. Like wiping a phone dead clean :).

I have allready provided them with plenty of scenarios where the crashes occurred. It's no residue of the beta now, since I've wiped clean everything and flashed the new OS with factory settings. The latest you quoted is actually very interesting that nothing was done at the time where it lost contact. I did not touch the strings on my guitar, my pedals or my KPA. And the crashes occurs randomly. So that in itself is a sign of something, and it eliminates all my suggestion to support earlier of that it might be a beta problem, patches problem yada yada. So as of right now all of those suggestion previously mentioned is out of the question. I think it's safe to say that we've tried pretty much everything up until this point?

How often do they occur? Are you doing anything specific when they happen? Playing? Clicking remote or buttons on Kemper or just sitting there doing nothing and it happens?

Right now I did nothing. I was leaning towards my Mac to browse some stuff, and when leaned back to play, no sound.. After two minutes the DSP error message came up. And they occur randomly. No spesific tasks. Twice an hour, or once a day, no spesific timeframe.

Hmmm. It seems that I have a hardware issue after all. After a complete reset, the DSP errors still appears randomly today this evening. Submitted a new ticket, let's hope it's something that can be fixed on-site.