Posts by RWCmusic

Hi all,

I have recently bought a Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700 to use with my unpowered Kemper and Mesa 4x12 cab. The problem is, i have no clue how to connect all of this!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On the back of the Seymour Duncan i have right and left speaker out that can take speaker cables or TS cables and right and left XLR outputs.

Thankyou in advance!!

Rob

Hi all,

I'm a Kemper beginner so apologies for the questions! I have a couple of issues.

How do i remove a profile from 'My rig'/my kemper without deleting it entirely from rig manager? I still want the option to access these profiles at some point but i don't want them on my actual kemper right now. Whenever i delete the rigs from my kemper or 'My rigs', they disappear completely and can't be found again.

Secondly, i've managed to favourite a couple of profiles so i can turn to knob in browser mode and select them no problem. However, when i do this with certain rigs, it doesn't work. It has the favourite star next to it in rig manager but is now showing up in my favourites section on my kemper. I also tried holding down the rig button on the KPA but it says something like 'cant save unsaved rig as my rig' or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!

I think i'll probably go for the seymour Duncan PowerStage 700 which is 700watts.

I had considered at FRFR cab or PA monitors but i love the sound of my Mesa Cb so wanted to try it with that and i absolutely will be buying the remote foot controller, i just wanted to try the Kemper/Cab first before buying. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the reply. On my Mesa Cab i have the option to use 4ohms, 8/16 or 16. Do you think if i used the 4ohm/170watts option, that'll be loud enough for a gig? My thinking is the powered kemper is 600watts (i think) so 170watts seems a little low. I know seymour duncan also do a power amp 700watts but thats a little pricier.

I definitely want the remote controller but i wanted to test out the power amps first.

Thanks!

Rob

Hi all,

Apologies if these questions have been answered, i struggled to find answers in the forum minefield!

Firstly, i have a Kemper profiler and want to use it with my 4x12 Mesa Cab. I know i need a power amp and im looking at the Seymour Duncan 170.

1) I kind of understand the Ohms/Watts thing, if i understand correctly, 4 Ohms is 170watts (from the power amp), 8 Ohms is 85 watts and 16Ohms is 42.5 watts. My question is, is 42.5 watts really enough power if im using 16 ohms on my 4x12 cab? Will that be loud enough for a gig lets say? If not, do you have any power amp recommendations? In all honesty i don't want to be spending loads, the SD170 is around £380 as it is.

2) I will also be looking at purchasing the remote switch pedal but first i'd like to try the kemper with my cab (after buying the power amp) to make sure i like it and it sounds how i want it to with my cab. I assume i can, but can anyone confirm that i can use my kemper and cab WITHOUT the remote switch?

I appreciate the help and apologies if these are obvious questions, Images still learning the way of digital modellers!

Cheers

Rob