Posts by GaddaGuitar

Hello everybody!

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the following issue:

After updating my Kemper Stage firmware last week, I notice that when switching banks/performances, the number 1 slot sometimes does not light up. Therefore, when I look down, I cannot see what slot is currently activated. This is regardless of what performance I am switching to, it's not an issue associated to a certain performance. This unit is used on a daily basis on a show, nothing else has changed in the unit, never experienced this issue before therefore I'm fairly certain is a bug related to the update.

Thankfully, I usually know where I am, and there's no issues with audio or performance. Everything sounds fine. Wondering if I should try to restore from a backup or if there's any way of rolling back the firmware just in case.
    Any feedback is appreciated, thank you!

UPDATE:

Here’s what ended up happening: I figured even if the issue was firmware, it would be extremely rare for it to happen to both units, so I brought the Powerhead to work….no problems.
    I troubleshooted the Stage at home.
    I rolled back the firmware and reset all content.
    I loaded it back.
    Played for a bit, then it suddenly happened again. I started going thru menus and cables, switching everything from guitar to cables in and out of unit.

Ends up that it was the cable going into the volume pedal. It randomly intermittently cut out/shorted. They were good cables, I tested it before! From Strymon. I made a video of when I found the issue, you can see the volume and wha levels on the pedals menu go to 0 suddenly. Quite strange. When this happens, changing patches, unplugging pedals, changing rig, nothing will make the unit emit a sound. Live during the show, not knowing what happened, I had to turn it off and on….
    What was disconcerting live and at home to troubleshoot it, is that it was natural for me to unplug the volume pedal to rule it out, but even doing so, the volume remained locked at 0. Even changing performances, the volume never came back up. Is this is normal behavior? I reported this on my support ticket. I guess if anything similar happens again I'll know.....

In any case, I was so relieved to find the issue and so certain that it was the problem that I updated the firmware back again to 8.2.2, with no issues so far.

I wonder if there’s any settings that I can change to avoid this to happen. Shouldn’t the volume be reset if the pedal is disconnected? Or reset when changing performances into the next rig’s/bank volume?

I’d appreciate any feedback on this minor regard.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the support!

I just rolled back the Stage's Firmware to 7.1.5. Didn't lose any performances or rigs, so far it booted as if nothing happened. I have the Powerhead running 8.2.2 next to it. I've turned them on and off, several times, playing them for hours before heading back to the theater. I'll bring them both. Worse case at least I'll have a backup.

Hi everybody and thanks in advance for the help and support.

I have an almost new Stage unit. No issues at all, noticeably faster than the Powerhead, been super happy.
    After the second to last firmware update, on a soundcheck the sound suddenly cut out. I thought it might be the wireless, but I can still see signal on the Stage's input. Both FOA and Monitor engineer lost me. Volume pedal=nothing. Change performance=nothing. Dead. Display shows changes. No sound coming out. We troubleshooted the wireless, and all points to just the Kemper not putting any sound out. Turned it off and back on and worked. Thought it was a random abnormality.

Another release came soon, so I rushed to install it.

Today it happened three times during the show. I have to manually turn the unit off and on and it seems to be fixed. Sound engineer thought maybe of a power issue. The unit doesn't consume much. The theater's power is regulated and safe. Everything was working fine until the second to last update that permanently set the new presets in.

At this point, I don't feel it's safe to bring it to the show tomorrow. I made the mistake of also updating the firmware in my powerhead. I can bring the powerhead to work tomorrow and hope that I don't encounter the same issue.

While I wait to hear back from Kemper next week, I figured maybe I can get some help on the forum.

Should I reset to factory settings first, or try rolling back the driver and then resetting? It's been a solid unit, but I only had it for a couple of months. Certainly hope I don't have to send it for repair!

Thank you all!