Posts by jstoffel

Hi - Just purchased a Kemper a few weeks ago, and among other things, I was ecstatic to trade in my oversized pedal board for a nice Kemper remote. Though, I'm running into an odd issue that I can't quite figure out, or explain. The tones of the Kemper delay compared to my Timeline are fine by me, but I can't seem to get the mix/decay of the repeats to feel right.

The specific sound I'm looking for has a pretty good mix for the first repeat, and then the repeats after that are still audible, but they decay fast enough that they get out of the way and eventually just kinda of mix into the reverb.

I feel like (on my Kemper) whenever I get the volume of the first repeat just right, the following repeats are too loud. So I bring the decay down, but then there aren't enough repeats anymore. So I bring the decay back up and I bring the over all mix down, and the repeats are at the perfect volume, but the first repeat isn't loud enough an gets lost in the mix too quickly.

It's like my delay preset has two parts: (1) my initial repeat, and (2) the trail of repeats after. When ever I get part 1 at the right volume, part 2 is too loud, and whenever I get part 2 at the right volume, part 1 is too quiet. I'm not looking for a massively loud first repeat, and then all the repeats after that to be super quiet, its just that the way the repeats decay in volume isn't vibing for me. It's gotten to the point where I'm tempted to set two delays on my Kemper and have the first just be one repeat at the volume I like and have the second be a trail at the volume I like...but that feels like overkill.

I probably sound WAY too picky here, but there is just something about the mix/decay volume on my Timeline that I can't seem to replicate on my Kemper. Has anyone else noticed this, or had trouble dialing in their Kemper to match what they had going on their Timeline?