Posts by marsellus

Are you sure, that these four 8 Ohm speakers of this Fender reissue Bassman are currently cabled all parallel to arrive at 2 Ohm overall? I doubt it, because I'm not aware of any tube amplifier, which is able to deal with speaker loads below 4 Ohm. Too close to short cut. I guess, these are two pairs of serial speakers in parallel or two pairs of parallel speakers in series which gets you to 8 Ohm overall.

Yes, quite sure. It's a Reissue 59' Bassman. Fenders 4x10 and 4x12 amps of the period including the Super revers and the Bassman all ran at below 4 ohms.

Here's the specs from Fender's site:

ELECTRONICS

Voltage 120V

Wattage 45 Watts into 2 Ohms

Controls Presence, Middle, Bass, Treble, Volume (Bright Channel), Volume (Normal Channel)

Channels Two

Inputs Four - (1/4", Two Bright and Two Normal)

So what do you think Burkhard? Will my Kemper tolerate a 2 ohm load?

My backline amp of choice is a 4x10 Fender tweed Bassman reissue. It's 4x10", 8ohm speakers are wired parallel for a 2ohm load. Can I drive this cab at low levels for rehearsing and small club gigs without damaging the power amp in the Power Rack?

I've read in other threads where driving a 4ohm load is safe although it may cause momentary dropouts.

Thanks