Posts by b9938d065d896996ca5a714c59605f26bb81dcb6

I’d dabbled with the Axefx 2 when it came out several years ago & hated it. Never thought I’d veer away from tube amps again but there was just too much online, in videos, in recordings for me to keep ignore the Kemper. Well on Friday I took a deep breath & clicked the buy now button on the Andertons website & the power rack arrived on Saturday morning.

I rigged it up initially through a set of half decent studio monitors and after around an hour I had a horrible pang of regret in my stomach. Not terrible by any means but I just wasn’t blown away at all by the sounds coming out of it. I walked away from it for a couple of hours disappointed & considering sending it back.

I started searching online, on forums & the rig exchange, downloaded around 300 promising profiles & started the process or sorting through them to get something usable. After most of Saturday & nearly all day Sunday I finally started to get why everyone is raving about these things. Nothing short of staggering once I’d put the work in to get what I wanted out of it. STAGGERING.

Got a Zilla super fat boy coming soon & cant wait to start that whole process over again. Fully expecting to be underwhelmed when I first get it set up but 100% sure I’ll be blown away by the results when I’m done.

Wish I’d have taken the plunge a few years ago........