Posts by andreio23

His video was a paid sponsored video. There is nothing else to elaborate. He got paid to push the QC ahead of the Kemper which was the competing product. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. It's not complicated.

Fact is he disclosed that he is getting paid for promotional videos and imo he had no interest in showing a legit comparison. The first video where he forgot to refine is even more proof that this is the case. It doesn't take such a high iq to understand that someone who sold commercial profiles would not forget how to do it properly.

Some people prefer a sweet lie rather than accepting the hard truth especially if they are emotionally/financially involved.

So after several delays it will be released still in the alpha stage of its development and customers will double as test users.

Great!

Well, yea if both units require time to tweak/refine/capture their best tones, and you take that time away from one of them then you have ruined the comparison test, have you not? I did not allow for that with the Kemper because I was basing the time allowed only from the QC's perspective. I have since been "notified" that refining the Kemper properly may take a longer period of time. Or did you mean something else?

If the QC captured the perfect tone that could not be attainable with anything else then you could make the case that you’re willing to buy just because you want a perfect capture.

In reality, this is not the happening and you can probably get the same result with both units if you take the time to dial it in and IF the qc is as good as Kemper when it comes to capturing the feel of an amp.

The lack of parameters in the qc makes me think that if you don’t like a capture there’s not much you can do about it while with the Kemper you can to some extent.

So regarding the accuracy of these devices the problem is reduced to whether you want to get an allegedly more precise capture that you cannot tweak or you want to get a hit or miss starting point which you can greatly improve if needed if you spend some time with it.

If this is the only criteria for switching to Kemper than I would say that it is not worth it.

If you are interested by the UI or extended signal paths or by multi amp support then I understand.

I am also bothered by the fact that this is a beta product. I looked at the wish list on their fru

So, what point did I miss? They were both given equal time frames. Yes, both can be tweaked "after the fact". :)

you missed the point that it sounded good in 2019 and now it didn’t. And that somehow he forgot to refine. And that with kemper you can tweak a lot more parameters “after the fact”. And that qc didn’t sound like the amp anyways and I’m not sure how much changing bass/mids/treble/gain can help with that.
    So in other words a promotional video published to make you doubt your current product and make you pay 1600 for a new one.

The first video was too obvious and he had to backpedal a little bit.
    But, nevermind. Carry on!

Interesting, and very nice sounding profiles I agree. He did that on June 11th, 2019. So WTH happened? did he forget how to do a profile? lol....

I'm being facetious but really, if the same amps sounded good then, where did the woofy that I heard as well, come from now? Hummmm.

don’t forget that in the first video he published ( which was removed since ) he apparently “forgot” to refine the profiles.

Also he didn’t seem to invest any time in manually tweaking the amp parameters at all.

I understand that QC doesn’t have those but they’re there in the Kemper. Why not spend 10 minutes trying to fine tune the profiles for the best sound?

it’s a rhetorical question, I think it’s prety obvious why ...

Internet of things this, internet of things that ...

No, I don’t want to rely on Internet for all appliences in my home!

I’m fine with it for work, some music, Downloading software, using a forum, you know .... things for which the Internet was invented.

I absolutely do not want my fridge and car working only with an Internet connection.

“But, Andrei, don’t you have Internet in your home?” I have but there many situations when I’m not at home and frankly I just don’t want to type in my username and password to be able to fully use a device I paid 1600 euro for.

“It’s 2021 and we want Internet in everything”

No we don’t, gtfo.

Why is that LOL?

Because if they choose to enforce a commission then you can't do anything about it.

If they apply a commission then the prices would be higher to cover for said commission .

If a seller is not approved to sell profiles then he won't be able to do it.

If you are not connected to the Internet, there's no way to load profiles.

If you are part of a profiles sharing community then there will be no way to privately share your profiles exclusively in that group.

Not to mention that it might lead to NDSP selling "premium" captures as well.

You can't save a backup of your collection offline.

You need an account just to browse profiles.

You won't be able to sell your QC with your profiles because they will be linked to your account.

Etc, etc ...

Doug said on Discord that

Captures and presets can only be shared through the cloud. We want to encourage people to sell presets and captures, but it'll have to got through us.

The main reasons here is ensuring an amazing user experience (no unzipping files, connecting USB cables or copying files on a dongle), and also IP protection for the authors.

LOL

Getting more and more disgusting.

If you read the release notes for support update version 2.01 for the PODxt, it states "This free Version 2 update dramatically improves the overall tone of the PODxt, adds more Amp and Cab Models, adds a new EQ block, increases the number of Channel Memories from 64 to 128, and makes numerous other improvements."

Thought you said adding new features was not a thing back then :P

Anyway, I even forgot what we were talking about. LOL

They're both add-ons, which is why they're called packs. Further, the model packs weren't single models. The metal pack, for instance, consisted of 18 models. Again, these weren't support updates.

Nobody is talking about support updates! Support updates means only maintenance and bugfixing which only happens when somebody finds a bug or if they need to update the USB firmware to work with a new version of an OS. This translates into 4 updates per year all of them being: Fixed this, fixed that, supports Windows 11, etc.

And no. IRs is totally not the same thing like models. One is an open resource you can find everywhere at every price. The other is a closed resource only they can offer exclusively with 0 alternatives.

Anyway, to each his own.

Precisely. Adding features via updates wasn't really a thing back then in general. The fact they charged for model packs is really no different than charging for cab packs.

It is a lot different. You can get cabs (which are just IRs) from all over the place free or commercial. You can't get models though.

Those are model packs(I own 3 of them), not support updates. There's a difference. For instance, Axe-Fx updates are free; however, Fractal Audio charges for Cab packs.

Support updates for what? Bug fixes? Ok but what about other effects, models, features etc ...

I was specifically talking about plugins which will cost money. Which could (and will) lead the way towards all kinds of things costing money.