Posts by Rayosytruenos

I think it's very important that someone (teacher) tells you what you are doing wrong.

Students don't use to know if they are doing something in a wrong way (if they knew they'd do it right).

So, at least for that only reason, teachers/tutors are important. But there are other reasons too. And there are some cons.

Don't forget the fuzz impedance thing and the wifi in the Stage.

When I was young, I used to think that having the footcontroller on the floor and the amp/effects at the height of your hands was great.

Nowadays, after a lot of gigs, I think that simple is better. Unless you have your own personal roadie.

This is so true! I think it is because that is what sounds good to them in their bedroom. This tone will get lost in a second in a mix.

I was running sound for a friends band for a while and I had to have a talk with him about his solo tone. He had scooped all of the mids out of it to the point that when he stepped on his OD pedal for a solo I would completely lose him in the mix. I had to solo the channel to see if I was getting a signal because it seemed like he completely cut out. I had plenty of signal but you couldn't hear a thing he was playing.

Once you know how to work the mid range you can get all of those beefy metal tones you are looking for. The surprise will be that you will have a heck of a lot more mids in your tone than you ever thought you needed if you are one who typically scoops them out and turns the gain up. Tons of bass just turns everything into mud.

Yes. Mud. They don't only get lost in the mix; When the try to be heard they just go to the volume control, and with all that bass freqs...

When I joined the "pro" band I'm in, they had a kind of "curse". They used to call it "the bass cloud on stage". I just told them it was the "V" in the bass amp's graphic eq and the enormous volume he used to try to be heard (over the monstrous volume of the other guitar. BTW, the guitar player I replaced was also very loud and bass heavy). Fortunately this bass player is one of those receptive persons and it was easily solved. Unfortunately the other guitar is not so receptive, and we had to use other methods.

The sound tech loved me forever.

Oh, and they used IEMs. Freaking crazy.^^

Rig manager never crashes my Kemper (Stage) nor freezes.

I'd say there is something strange, there.

I agree with most of the things you say (but I'm reluctant about selling my tube amps).

I think it has a lot to see with the kind of music you play. I'm into rock music, from clean to dirty, but not into metal. And I find that for sounding convincing I have to cut from... Let's say 250.

Oh wow, didn't know they were still in production! Thanks for the pointer.

I've been scouring the used sites for months and all I've found are a few here and there but for more than I would like to pay, especially for used, $250+.

Good to know there's a source for new ones, I'll look into whether or not they ship to Japan.

Still interested if there is a way to get the sound in the vid with the kemper since that's cheaper, less hasstle, and I prefer to not start getting into pedal logistics.

Well... It's Made In Japan.

Is there any plan - in the forseeable future - to support wifi connection to the KPA from Mac/PC computers? If it works on the iPad, seems like this is quite feasible. Things like the QR code based connection might need workarounds but computers with pointing devices and keyboards can easily work with connection settings..

I was thinking about that this morning. It would be great. I'm not an expert at all, so I don't know if it's possible. But getting rid of cables is generally a good thing.

Well... I have a cheap Windows tablet and Rig Manager works fine, there. You need an USB cable, but you can access to Rig Exchange. Portable Rig Exchange was the main attraction, for me, but it looks like your cannot access it from the iPad.

Anyway, not needing a cable is great. Unfortunately, my old iPad (inherited from my brother) doesn't go further than OS 10.

Some day... :)

Very interesting.

Thank you!