Posts by DavidGruber

I got mine this week as well. My mind isn't quite made up, though. I've always like the Bias FX interface, but the Spark's is like Bias-lite. You have three slots for stomps before the amp and three after, but they're dedicated to the stomp-type (e.g., #1 is a gate, #2 is compression, #3 is drive). Post amp you get a Mod slot, Delay slot, then Reverb. With the regular Bias FX, you can make a chain a mile long, change the order, split it or stack effects.

Tone wise, it's OK. Most of the amps sound alike to me. If I can get four rigs put together that I actually like, I'll keep it. The play along utility is pretty cool. It searches for Youtube videos and shows you the chord progression in real time. If you pick a tune that hasn't been analyzed, it will play it once and analyze it then.

It's heresy, I know, but I was kind of hoping to use this for practice and selling my Kemper, which I basically just use for practice. I don't gig or record and I don't need to model. If Kemper could make a similar, simpler device, I think they'd sell a million. Image a self-contained unit like the Spark with a speaker, bluetooth and the sound engine of the Kemper. Load and tweak profiles, but no modeling. Maybe someday.

Thank you - learning it was inconvenient (and not impossible) helped me figure it out.

So the hierarchy of effects is something like this:

Preset Class (Amp/Cab/Effect)

-- Category (Delay/Compressor/Reverb)

-- -- Type (Ionosphere Reverb/Cirrus Reverb)

-- -- -- Preset Name (Bloom/Breath/Ice)

In the Rig Editor, you can only get down to the Type level with the menus on each slot. That was my stumbling block. I couldn't figure out how to get the next level down without going back to the KPA and scrolling. But, after reading the above, I figured out if you open your rig in the editor and click on the Preset FX folder above on the left, you can drag the lowest level preset onto your slot in the editor and replace and edit it. Did I get that right?

Yes, inconvenient, but more importantly - POSSIBLE!

Thanks, Alan! I should have figured that out because the downloaded rig had an [M] next to the amp in the display of the rig. I don't usually mess with the amp and cabs. Great info - thanks again!:thumbup:

I love my KPA (until I have figure something new out). ?( I've recently gotten into morphing, which is amazing and pretty straightforward. According to the manual:

• Every single continuous parameter of a Rig can be morphed. This includes all continuous parameters of effect modules and amplifier.

But how does one morph the EQ settings of the rig? When I'm in the morph pages of editing the rig, the Bass/Middle/Treble/Presence knobs take on a different function. I know it's possible as I have downloaded rigs with morphed EQ settings. Do I need to use a remote? (I don't have one - just a Mission pedal). Can it be done in the Rig Manager editor? I can see the morphed items from other people's rigs.

Thanks!