Posts by Limebranch

The global noise gate, the one with a dedicated physical knob, is set independently for Browse mode and for Performance mode. It specifically targets the kind of hum you're hearing.

My first hunch would be that you have it set to a lower value in Performance mode than in Browse mode.

Thank you sir - that was spot on and solved my issue right away. Never thought of that these would have different values, but of course it makes sense ☺️

Yeah, I know, the title sounds weird ... here is my setup and scenario (at home):

Guitar --> guitar cable --> Kemper Profiler (Toaster non-powered) --> Kemper Kabinet (active)

When playing in Performance mode I notice I get a "humming noise" audible from all higher gain profile. When touching the guitar cable (next to input jack) it disappears. So I assume this should be some kind of ground loop? I have tried different guitars and different guitar cables with same result.

What makes it weird is that when I switch to Browsing mode and selects the same Profile that caused the humming in Performance mode it's dead silent, no humming sound. I have not altered any settings of the profile in Performance mode. Seems to be the same regardless of which high-gain profile or Performance I select.

So, this seems strange to me. Is there any obvious setting I have missed in (like a global setting for Performance mode) that could possibly create this?

Thanks for any input in advance 8)

I hope, your audience doesn't pull any cables ....

Nope, only the Performance up and down switches seemed to be of interest this time …

But as I wrote … it might have been my clumpsy boots as well in a couple of these cases … so is there any way to “lock” these switches from the software?

and put a monitor cabinet (or some other kind of barrier) between you and the audience. :)

Already did that. Amazing though how front row audience can get creative and superhuman strength to move it. Seems the physics of the universe says some people just HAVE to get their hands and pint of beer next to a Kemper Stage as soon as it appears on stage 🙃

Hi!

Is it possible to simply deactivating some switches on the Kemper Stage?

I noticed during a gig this weekend that a couple times me or someone in the front row audience managed to hit the Performance up and down switches accidentally, leading to me switching performance altogether.

As I only use one performance per show it would actually be more safe and handy for me to have those deactivated altogether during show.

Bumping this thread, as I got an issue with "Monitor" being greyed out as well.

- Kemper Stage on latest release version (7.15).

- Monitor set to "Master Mono"

I can link/unlink "Monitor" to the main volume knob, I can control the volume, I can select/de-select cab on Monitor and the outputs actually produce sound. But ... all software buttons and values connected to "Monitor" is greyed/dimmed on the display (like on images in post above). Just seems kind of strange ... some software error I suppose?