Posts by Asura000

Hi all,

I've tried to do the research before hand to my specific problem but came up short. If it's been asked before, my apologies.

I currently have my Kemper (non powered) on the side and when I use it, I use my headphones through the headphone input and if I want to play any backing tracks or learn a song through my PC, I connect a Y cable of 2x 1/4 jacks to the Return Input and Alternative input of my Kemper to a 3.5mm jack straight to my PC headphone jack.

I'm adding 2 x LSR305s to the mix. Thing is, I want to have them both (Kemper and PC) connected to the LSR305s. This is so I can use LSR305s as my main PC's audio for listening to music/audio etc for general life/PC purposes and when I'm not on my Kemper. Then when I want to use the Kemper, I want the audio to come out of the LSR305s as well (unless I use my headphones for late nights) . I think I'd be happy still using my Y cable setup to still get sound from my PC through to the Kemper to the LSR305s, although I'm open to a simpler solution.

I am aware that I cannot plug and use both the 1/4 and XLR inputs of the LSR305s (I assume it'll damage it) so I'm looking for a very cheap (financial reasons) solution to this. I know I need to invest into the whole rig, but it's difficult presently to spend much after buying the LSR's

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I have just bought a Kemper and I'm very excited! I however blew what little budget I had and temporarily need to use my hifi speakers (with the amplifier) already connected to my PC via 2 RCA (red/black) to a 3.5mm lead to my PC DAC (FiiO Andes E07K). I was thinking about buying 2x RCA splitters (something like so) and plugging my PC the normal way as I do now and then using 2 separate 1/4 to RCA leads (like so) to plug from the 2 output plugs of the Kemper to the other RCA leads.

I know its not optimal and plenty of other threads recommend buying a mixer or interface, unfortunately I won't be able to do that for a while so just thinking of a practical solution.

When I'm not using my speakers but using my headphones (Beyerdynamic 990pro) I bought a 1/4 inch TRSF lead to dual 1/4 lead break out cable (like so) to hook up to alternative input and return input so I can get the PC sound through my Kemper to my headphones (for when I want to jam to a backing track).

Are all these reasonably likely to work, without of course any damage.

Appreciate any input and advise!