Posts by 5kold6

Throwing in my two cents. Seems like there is no middle of the road love for this thing, as people either love or hate it.

My setup: Les paul custom with 59/custom hybrid bridge and 59 neck pups, to kemper stage with digitech drop in the mono loop (placed just after a gate) and mimiq in the stereo loop (placed in slot X), all stereo into a Gemini II cab. This thing SINGS when dialed in correctly... no phasing, combing, chorus or anything anyone else is reporting.

I would say its performance really depends on the profile you're using. I like it for high gain rhythm. My favorites are the choptones Triple Rec 6L6 and MkV profiles. My settings on the pedal knobs are: 10:00, 8:00 (i.e. 0%), 3:30 and just one dub. Gemini emPower knob was running 90% flat.

The effect on my tone is hard to describe because it is counter-intuitive. It would seem that doubling a high gain track would muddy up the signal, but in reality, my chords sound more distinct and clearer. I definitely notice a high end boost, but nothing that sounds harsh, just fuller. Like I said, you 100% need a quality profile to feed it. Additionally, it had the positive effect of widening my Gemini II's field. Normally, I have to stand almost exactly perpendicular to the cab to get its proper voice even when running the kemper stereo through it; but the mimiq makes the voicing more or less uniform in about a 120deg field.

Although I would highly recommend it for rhythm/metal players, it's an effect that should not be used where it doesn't belong. For instance, I don't really notice it enhancing clean channels or shred. There are some times where you want the focus to be on a specific tonal aspect in a song, not the total impression (read "wall of sound").

I'll throw up a sound clip or two in the coming days. Finally nailed Metallica's AJFA and Sad But True tones with this thing.