Posts by DeadLazy

I don't disagree. This thread has life because the topic deviates constantly. It's not about 'one' thing, really.

For those that have already chosen - there is no competition. Regardless of which way you chose. At the same time, I know of numerous people that have two or even three different boxes that do the 'same' thing and use them for different reasons.

I just think those who have always been more open minded towards digital can over look the rabid prejudices many of us had towards it, and how that affects our perception.

I think we agree on the facts, but are simply looking at it through different lenses.

When I went digital it wasn't a conscious decision but: The thought of anything other Kemper never crossed my mind because only Kemper can profile. How many who sympathize with that, I don't know. I suspect its enough to give this topic legs.

They are two different animals.

To suggest they don't compete in the marketplace is incorrect. It just is. The debate of Fractal/Line6/Kemper has raged for years.

It's really difficult to see what I mean and why this thread is so active? That is my ultimate point. Kemper always had that angle to itself and it is a big selling point.

And yeah, it was and is, no competition on a personal level for a lot of people. When I put my tubes out to pasture, there was absolutely no competition. The thought never crossed my mind to even look at fractal or LIne6.

Now, after getting the KPA I accepted digital into my life, but for me there is still no competition. I still take Fractal and Line6 with cynicism.

It's the perspective of a luddite but we are many.

They share the same market the same way Taco Bell shares the dinner market with a five star restaurant.

I absolutely mean profiles and not modeling. I do own a Helix now, and I do like it, but I would have never touched digital if not for the KPA. I still don't like modeling so much, as it is today.

I think modeling and profiling are two different animals. I vastly prefer profiles. I use Helix for practical reasons, but I would haul tube amps over the Helix.

I don't think I am alone in that, either. I think a lot of people and even the market, see this as the first to compete directly with the Kemper. The Kemper managed to convert some militantly anti-digital people; like me.

I live within 20 minutes of Kemper in Colorado and I am hoping I can just pick one up rather than have it shipped. Yesterday, I saw the FedEx guy get within about 10 feet of my neighbors porch and just toss the package the rest of the way.

I'd really love to just pick one up.

This thread is easily the most active one on this forum, and has been for some time now.

For a Kemper-centric message board, this seems odd to me.

Carry on....

It really is a curiosity, why this thread is so active? Kemper dropped a bomb on both the digital world, and world of tubes (that many like me, love) when it released. For a decade it sat totally unchallenged. Now, there is direct competition.

I lost all interest in the QC. Someone mentioned tone only being part of why you choose one or the other and I agree. The promotional stuff and conduct of the QC community, thus far, has made me lose any interest.

I really appreciate Kemper as a company and not just a product. And there it is, my first post after being a Kemper player for over a year and a half. Inspired by QC, ironically.