Posts by AndyVBelgium

Thanks for the input, a lot of useful suggestions.

Or maybe I will just buy a second KPA for the live room (but then a head model instead of a rack model). Will depend if there is any budget left ;)

Cheers

Andy

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. As for the input scenario, I will just have to try it I guess ;)

And no, I don't necessarily want to reamp the sound, I just need a good way to get the guitar signal from the live room to the Kemper via XLR inputs/outputs (mic level signals), since I will not be running jack cables through my wall.

As for monitoring the signal, I will put a couple of Mackie speakers in the live room, fed by one of the stereo outs on the mixing console. I am hoping I can do all that without latency :)

Cheers,

Andy

Hi all,

I am building a studio with a seperate live room and control room. My Kemper will be in a rack in the control room (since I will do most of my guitar recording there), but I would still like to have access to it from the live room (and feed back the mix to the monitors in the live room) when I am playing there with my band.

This is how I was thinking of setting this up and I would appriciate some confirmation that this is correct (or corrections if it isn't :):(

- All my live room inputs will be XLR, so I would use a passive DI box to turn the guitar level up to mic level and use an XLR cable from the DI box to the wall input

- In the control room, I will have XLR outputs so I would put an XLR cable between the XLR output in the wall and the profiler's return input (XLR) in the back

- Then I would just feed the profiler's output to my mix console (A&H Qu32)

Some of my concerns:

- The profiler expects an instrument level signal, but the signal coming from my live room will be mic level. Do I need a reamp box in between or can the profiler handle this?

- I have read that the Aux input/SPDIF inputs are automatically blocked when a guitar is plugged into the front input. Is this also the case for the return input or should I change the input source when swapping between using it in the live room and the control room?

I hope it's clear, thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards and stay safe.

Andy (Belgium)