Posts by Mookytc

Nice thanks! Yes been moving those knobs a bit and notice some nice, subtle changes depending on the profile. That was my initial thought about the Adam's (good value). Had Genelecs in the cart but not so sure for a few hundred US $ more there would have been that much difference. Not a recorder or mixer just like to play guitar.

Cheers!!!

Hi All,

I'll start by saying I never liked the tones heard from using studio monitors with PC - DAW amp sim plugins. So many use this type of software and monitors but it never worked for me. I tried some quality monitors but again never was satisfied with sound.

Have had my Kemper for a few weeks now. Started off using DI profiles into my guitar cab - speakers and it sounds great. Few nights back I tried some headphone (Grado - not reference style) and thought things sounded real good. The powerful tweaking tools of the Kemper are evident when turning knobs. Had me thinking perhaps I should try monitors again as I wish to take advantage of cab - speaker modeling (and IR's) as heard through the headphones.

Purchased a pair of Adam A3X's which arrived today. Set them up and only had time to play for a bit but really liked what I heard. Look forward to giving them a good workout tonight. Not sure this is a "good" question but any hidden Kemper or profile settings that can be tweaked to get the most out of studio monitors? I liked what are heard using minimum tweaks to an amp or even an added EQ,

Figured it was worth a post.

Dave

Ah ok I was able to import them in to all presets > local library > self created IR folder. Nice thank you assuming those automatically convert? Do I have still have to use the physical device to load them in a profile? I converted and imported a handful via USB a few days back. Would like to modify a cab on the "fly" while a profile is loading in browser mode.

Thank you for the reply.

Hello,

I read that one can drag and drop IR's into RM. Tried to but was unsuccessful. The file > import feature was greyed out as well. Was in the browser mode at the time. User error?

Dave

Sorry for hijacking the thread. For the DI in rig manager search by cab - N/A. Yes Brian new I was missing something basic. Can listen to the amp through the Captor but when ready to compare plug cab into output of Kemper (just move the speaker cable back and forth between Captor and output of Kemper until satisfied) The Captor can take the load of the real amp. Brilliant....will try that this weekend.

Another way would be to hook up a second cab which I do have to the Kemper. Might be easier. I'll figure it out. Thanks for the support. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Dave

I have a Kemper powered device but notice when I toggle between the amp and kemper profile it does sound the same. Once I store the profile, locate and play it sounds a tad thin.

Guitar > Kemper Profiler

Kemper line out > into Amp

Amp out into DI input

DI to speaker exit to cab

DI output to Kemper.

I do not have the direct out (Kemper) to cab hooked up (doing everything through the DI).

Basic set up but at work and supposed to be doing other things (busy today) :P hopefully this does not confuse.

Dave

Thanks for the reply ba_hill. Set up the direct capture (hardware as in the manual) but up until last night have only had headphones to monitor so have not bothered so to answer the question no. I borrowed some monitors from a friend and now have them hooked up to the Kemper. So in theory that will enable me to compare the profiles?

The process seems straight forward and simple but being a Kemper newb probably missing something something basic. Will try it out this weekend.

Dave

My direct captures so far have been kind of meh. Purchased a Kemper DI box figuring it is "official" and would work best. Did not care for the results. Tried a Torpedo Captor as the DI and it was better but the captures did not sound like the pro versions or quality one found on rig exchange.

The amps being profiles are good amps as well. They captures sound kind of "thin". Will have to figure how to beef them up a bit so to speak.