My metal pack blog (updated 9/8/13)

• Ha, Surgical Steel? Great tone, i also did this for my upcoming pack. Loving it!!!

Yup! Great tone on that! :love:

Edit: If anyone's interested, here's what I've got done so far *=tuning* (I'll just edit this when I get something new done):
    Asphyx: Death the Brutal Way *D*
    Behemoth: Zos Kia Cultus, The Apostasy *D, C#*
    Carcass: Surgical Steel, Heartwork *B*
    Cannibal Corpse: Vile, Tomb of the Mutilated *B*
    Death: Individual Thought Patterns, Spiritual Healing *D*
    Decapitated: Organic Hallucinosis *C#*
    Dying Fetus: Reign Supreme, Destroy the Opposition, Descend Into Depravity *C#*
    Fear Factory: Demanufacture *B*
    Gojira: L'Enfant Sauvage *D*
    Meshuggah: obZen *Eb 8-string*
    Morbid Angel: Heretic *Eb*
    Nile: Annihilation of the Wicked *dropped-A*
    Origin: Antithesis*B*
    Six Feet Under: Undead, Haunted *C*
    Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam *C#*
    Vader: XXV *C*
    Wormed: Exodromos *B*

This time I mixed the pack a bit. Some of the profiles have been done with the Sansamp, some boosted with my Pigtronix Fat Drive, some with the AMT P1. I also swapped the amp from the ready profile either to my Mesa Dual Rec or my Mako Dorado if I felt it needed more dynamics and amp like feel.

• Sounds like its shaping up to be a great pack indeed! Too bad you cant get Death's TSOP tone, I was really hoping for that one but I understand if it's not working out accurately. Hopefully you can get Human and Spiritual Healing tones in the pack?

Also any chance of maybe some Nile, Obscura, Cynic, Atheist, Dark Tranquility? Anything else you can come up with is also great and much appreciated!

• Also any chance of maybe some Nile, Obscura, Cynic, Atheist, Dark Tranquility? Anything else you can come up with is also great and much appreciated!

Dark Tranquillity is 5150 so I'm not sure how well those would come out, but I can try. Although I think I'll save that up to a "melodic death pack".

Here's the list I'm working on now, I'll see if I can squeeze those in as well:

Autopsy: Mental Funeral
    Obituary: Cause of Death
    Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells
    Pestilence: Testimony of the Ancients
    Morbid Angel: Domination
    Nile: Annihilation of the Wicked
    Death: Human
    Napalm Death: Harmony Corruption, Scum
    Suffocation - Effigy Of The Forgotten
    Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
    Carcass: Reek of Putrefaction
    Six Feet Under : Haunted

• This is gonna be like Christmas! A melodic Death metal pack also!? Man that is just so awesome!

If you could get Spiritual Healing included in this pack as well I think that would be amazing. I wont bug you with any more suggestions. :) I really appreciate all of your hard work. Finally someone making profiles of bands I like. This pack is going to kill! Great to see Six Feet Under on there as well!

For the future if you could do some King Diamond and Mercyful Fate that would be great! I'm like to play alot of King Diamond covers and would love some authentic tones someday if you ever are interested down the road.

• What's wrong with 5150 style tones? Not sure of I understand.. Hypocrisy the arrival, which you nailed in my opinion is a 5150, as well as carcass heartwork and surgical steel? ( well, a Kemper profile of a 5150 anyways on that). I know there has been some confusion over the years about what was used on heartwork, but I can assure anyone that reads this, it was. 5150, with like one track( I know, weird) of a soldano... Keith Andrews, an engineer on heartwork, is a personnel friend of mine, and the sole reason for that guitar tone..

• "Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam"

Sure, I'll put it on the list. :)

This is gonna be like Christmas! A melodic Death metal pack also!? Man that is just so awesome!

Sometime in the future, don't get your hopes up too much. :)

What's wrong with 5150 style tones? Not sure of I understand..

Nah, all I meant since it's tube amp tone it won't necessarily work out. The ones I've done so far have come out alright with my SS gear when I've swapped the amp for a tube amp profile afterwards. Hypocrisy has been Sansamp PSA-1 + Mesa Recto for a very long time btw.

• I know you are getting tons of requests here, but any chance for a vader profile from their 25 year recording, XXV? THAT is an absolutely insane sounding record period, and the guitar tone is fucking incredible as well.

• Just for simplicity sake I thought I'd put some more requests if you decide to make them here. These are it, I have no more. :) Sorry, I couldnt help myself. Thanks!

Death - Spiritual Healing, Symbolic(think you said you are doing this. Listing anyway. :)
    Deicide - Anything
    Amon Amarth - Fate of the Norns - or anything else - I know they are a bit melodic so you might want to save them for later if you do a melodic death pack
    Obituary - anything
    Mortification - Scrolls of the Megaloth
    Spawn of Possession - Incurso or other albums
    Necophagist - Epitaph
    Obscura - Omnivium, cosmogenisis
    Septic Flesh

• Tried these out and there are some real gems in this pack! My personal favs are the Behemoth tones, Individual Thought patterns, Nile, Vile, Dying Fetus ones and a couple others. I'm sure there are others but those I jammed on alot! Very awesome job Nakedzen and I am already looking forward to your next group of profiles. :)