Just used my Line 6 POD HD 500 for the 1st time in 10 months

• Hello guys,

Yesterday I used my POD HD500 for the 1st time in close to 10 months as my KPA is going to be exchanged by Kemper.

What a difference between the KPA and the HD. These products are in two different leagues. The differences in dynamics and sounds is much bigger than I remembered.

Couldn't feel anything really while I was playing the HD and the whole experience was disappointing. There are some good effects in the HD but apart from that... I found basically that everything I played was really lacking definition.

Can't wait to have my KPA back.

Marc.

• Not sure Ingolf...

The UPS truck just picked it up 15 minutes ago to go back to the North American HQ of Kemper.
    I have to admit that I was a bit sad to see it leave.

They told me they have to receive the old unit before sending the new one.

Not too worried though as so far the Kemper team has been very good and responsive.

• I did the same thing a while ago...a traumatic experience ?( . hard to believe I used it live for a couple of years.

• I would miss my KPA badly.

I also have a HD-500,If my KPA was not available - I find I get much better touch responsive sounds from one of these:
    [Blocked Image: http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/18/001/681/885/DV016_Jpg_Large_H79025_top.jpg]

Damn. The mustangs are pretty decent sounding units, I did not even know the pedal version existed. I wonder if we could program that thing into a midi pedal like the FCB as it would be a midi and backup all in one. I could sell my HD500 and the FCB. I suppose the HD500 is too but I was planning on selling it since they still hold decent value.

The UPS truck just picked it up 15 minutes ago to go back to the North American HQ of Kemper.
    I have to admit that I was a bit sad to see it leave.

When I sent mine back to Sweetwater, they told me they had to send it to Germany. No mention of a North American HQ. I was told it would take 4 - 5 weeks for its return. ?(

• What????? I bought my first Kemper from Sweetwater and had it replaced twice in 1 1/2 years. Took 5 days the first time, and the second time they sent me a new unit before I sent off the defective one. Something doesnt sound right to me. Do you have a rep at Sweetwater? Neither of my units got repaired, they got replaced, so that may be the issue here, but man 5 weeks is torture.

• Hello Elantric,

Nice to see you here. I am a member of the vguitarsforum and still own a vg-99. I don't use it as much anymore since the KPA is basically stealing the whole show since I have it.

Now that I have tried my Pod HD with the result I described, I think I will switch to the VG-99 until I get my new KPA delivered. The only real PITA is that I only have 1 guitar with a GK-3 pickup and it's not my preferred one...

Good opportunity to get reacquainted with the VG-99 and that specific guitar though.

Cheers,

• As for a Kemper HQ in North America I am not sure...

It is a place of business for Kemper in the US and I was contacted by their Sales Manager.

Most probably it has to do with the fact that I live in Canada and bought it from a Canadian store, has to be shipped through customs and all...

Canada is a small market compared to the US and we don't have a distributor of the scale of a Sweetwater here.

By the way, Kemper has a 1st class service and support. I am really impressed with the way they are handling things.

• How long will you be without the profiler?

Hi Ingolf,

Ok, Kemper service is awesome! My new unit is on its way already. Most of the time was lost (3 days) at customs for my KPA to cross the border.
    Will probably take another 3 days of customs wait time for the new one to be released.

Kemper has an awesome customer service, they are not fooling around and are very responsive.

Actually, that's how every company should be but we all know that's not the case, far from it.

• +1. Glad to hear it reiterated all the time :thumbup:

• >>>> Couldn't feel anything really while I was playing the HD and the whole experience was disappointing.

well HD500 / Kemper is like doing it with or without ;)

but for some occasions with is recommended

• >>>> Couldn't feel anything really while I was playing the HD and the whole experience was disappointing.well HD500 / Kemper is like doing it with or without ;-)but for some occasions with is recommended

.....you mean at the after show party? :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ah! Funny! :evil:

I received my replacement KPA last Thursday and still SO happy how it feels and sound. I finally can go "without" again and it obviously feels so much better.
    I was without the KPA for 2 weeks basically. 80% of that time was spent sitting in the USA customs...

I have a question to the pros out there that travel and send stuff constantly all over the world: How do you guys deal with all this customs BS ? Does it happen often that your gear doesn't show up on time for a venue because it is stuck at customs ?

Marc.

• Wow... I have HD500 for midi control with KPA or backup if i'm having troubles with KPA and need to send it,

I hope i'll never have to play again on that Pod , differences with KPA are amazing but even without compare , that pod HD is the worse digital unit i've ever played.. No dynamics , no definition , nothing.

Oh yes one thing , very nice midi controller, that's it.

• I don't disagree with you of course but I have heard excellent recordings done with PODS.