Sound optimizing

• It´s easy to get quick a good sound with the Kemper but it´s at first just 90-95% and can be optimized. The problem for me is the fine tuning, there are some different ways how I can try to optimize the sound.
    It always sounds different, depending on the gear which is used to listen. With the same profile, the sound in the studio is not the same as the sound on stage or FOH.
    So what should I take as reference, what is the best way? Studio monitors, analyzer, FOH equipment, guitar cabs or whatever?

So I wanna know, which way you choose and why...
    How do you do that?

Play it like you mean it.

• I play profiles that i intend to use live at very high volumes through my Mackie HR824 Monitors. If it sounds good there, it works everywhere, be it IEM at rehearsal, through poweramp and 4x12 Engl Cab or through a decent set of wedges on stage and also through a PA. It seems to be importand to listen at high volumes in order to get the right balance between low end, mids and highs. When judged at low volumes, tones seem to lack low end and highs. I always get along with it. It will never sound exactly the same on different systems though.

• A good option is tweaking the EQ output and keep presets of different Output systems , one for your FR , one for you Power amp + real CAB , one for your PA. Of course it's better if you have time to test the output system on stage during the rehearsal and fine tune.

• I don't spend a lot of time tweaking sounds at home through my headphones since things change when everything's cranked to full band volume. When I get loud with the band I tend to need less compression, distortion and treble and wetter FX. I use my Atomic CLR as the final reference system.

• I setup all sound adjustments through an Alto TS112A and/or an EV ELX12" at decent volume levels. I also use one of them as my stage monitor. By doing this I find I have the same sound going through the FOH.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Reference should always be studio monitors or cabs that are as flat as possible.
    Tweaked at rehearsal/gig volumes.

This is what I thought, maybe the only way to get a reference sound. So wouldn´t it be a good idea to use studiomonitors even on stage?

Play it like you mean it.