UltraRes (TM) IR's

• I found these statements amazing:

I don't care about the details. I'm just happy to hear that Cliff wants to improve the current CAB technology.

and

At any rate, right or wrong, beneficial or not, I always like to see the continued work Cliff and the rest of Fractal put into trying to improve their product

As long as my English helps me, they don't care if what Cliff does is wrong, as long as he "works for improving his product" 8|

Lord, if this is not an ism.

I remember to have been attacked in the fractal forum because, at the time of FW 5.0, I wrote that future FW versions would have made the Axe sound "even better" (self-quoted to the letter).

Speechless

Edited once, last by viabcroce: typo ().

• This "fractalism" and "whateverproduct-ism" is quite ridiculous and amusing...it reminds me of the long feud between Sega Megadrive and SuperNintendo console owners back in the early nineties... we didn't have internet forums back then (at least the general public) but endless diatribes were frequents while staying over with friends to play games... I'm 40 now and feel exactly the same feeling when I talk to Fractal owners I know, and have to remind them that I was a Fractal Owner myself and the reasons I jumped off that wagon.... ahhhhh the fanboys!!!

• Jay Mitchell : Those IRs are not exactly what I sent Cliff when he solicited them from me several years ago. Since that time, he has publicly acknowledged performing minimum-phase transforms on them, which came as something of a surprise to me. At best, the differences between those IRs and my originals might not be objectionable, but that's all I can really say about that, since I never use them. I use the originals in user cab spots. FWIW, Cliff didn't tell me he'd be screwing with them when he asked for them. Had he done so at the time, I might well have made a different decision.

I found this quote pretty interesting.

Really amazed and impressed with how companies such as Kemper and Axe are constantly improving things. Feels better to be in the Kemper camp though, since the Axe seems to be more focused on improving the base sounds, whereas Mr CK is introducing new FX and features for us to put on top of the "tone engine".

I never thought I'd be able to spend 1,800 euros (tax + shipping = eek) on a digital device or an amplifier. Really hopeful the company keeps me feeling like Tiny Tim after Scrooge saves Christmas.

• I think this depends on how you want to read it. I read it as " it dosnt matter if he is right or wrong in Jay Mitchells mind as long as the product keeps improving".

In my mind there is really no ism at all in that, allthough I have to agree that the fanboyism is there. But also here on this forum in the exact same way. Notice how many that will jump the wagon if someone dare to disagree with certain ppl here aswell. The "Scott Peterson" are on all Forums.

When people spend the kind of money on gear as we do, it is very natural to stand up and deffend your purchace to justify it.

• Mullassiff,

I see where you come from. The implicit statement in my post is that if Jay Mitchell says that something doesn't work, I trust him over almost anyone. So the quotes I pasted mean more "I don't want to know if it's wrong or right, I do want to believe in God Cliff" to me. :D

Last but not least, if I write that I believe the Profile will go on bettering in the future thanks to Eng, Kemper's great and continuous efforts, and you attack me accusing me to have written that the Profiler doesn't sound good as today, well you're a taliban to me :P

Points of view I guess :rolleyes:

Peace :)