Can someone PLEASE point me to these rig tones!

• I've put up a similar post and got no response. I will be glad to share my favorites when I find out what they are. Just getting started with my Kemper.

Gee Wiz....it would really help this dude out if you can direct me to some of the better or best profiles of certain guitar legends. I've spent too many recording sessions going through 70 amps and thinking "well this one sounds good"..."this ones maybe better" etc. etc.

I know its part of the process, but it would sure save time and a lot of legwork if i didn't have to search for these mostly vintage sounds.

I'm into 60's influenced pop ranging from Jangly chiming guitars and folk rock to overdriven power chords/New Wave twitchy sound/psychedelic lead and clean and jazzy R&B and pop sounds.

So here we go:

AMPS:Fender princeton reverb/twin/tweed champ/bandmaster Marshall 100 watt stack Voc AC 30 Ampeg Gemini 1 or 2 or 6 Mesa Boogie

ARTISTS
    Jeff Beck Lead - really the lead guitar sound on "Truth" which is probably some kind of Marshall Stack

Johnny Ramone - I know he used that 100 watt marshall head. Thundering power chords for punk and garage

Keith Richrads - Classic Tumbling dice tone, Gimmie Shelter....Great rhythm tone, a little clean a little dirty. That ringing out sound (I know its partially from his cording style.

Bealtes classic sound - Rain/Ticket To Ride - Harrison's picking sound. I know Beatles used VOX. Many people don't know that they actually used solid state amps for stuff like "I Feel Fine". The Vox Beatles special I think was transistor. So much for ONLY tubes.

Pete early who sound - Sellout period power chords...I can see for Miles..that sound. Powerful but not totally over driven.

Steve Cropper - classic R&B tone for crisp chops and his style....probably some kind of tweed fender.

Byrds - Gotta love that Jangle. I use a RIck 6 string a lot. Rodger uses 2 Jazz chorus amps now and for the past years. I want the original Turn Turn Turn sound. I heard it was through the board with a special compressor. Anyway...they used Fender Blackface amps live back in the day

REM - More modern Jangle. I know Peter Buck uses the vox AC-30...there are thousands of profiles...which do you recommend.

Hendrix - Goes without saying. All Along the Watchtower...1st 3 LP's

Beach Boys - not surf guitar but for stuff like Pet Sounds/Smile. A clean sound obviously. Like a Wrecking crew session guy at Mamas & Papas session.

Garage Rock - not totally distorted but a big dirty. The Ampeg Gemini 1 and 2 were my favorites.

New Wave - That twitchy scratching sound used by groups like Split Ends, Rick Ocasic of the cars would be a good one.

Spirit - insane fuzz tones

• All those tones depends so much on your guitar/pu/finger/pick that I'm afraid it would be very difficult to help you out unless somebody here knows you and your playing that well to make an informed guess... Start playing around with reference amp profiles and tweak from there.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I recommend starting with Maurizios backup, in case you wanna go factory rigs/rig exchange. You could also spend some time on either Andy's or Armins site and browse through the samples.
    Both provide excellent classic (vintage) Fender & Marshall amp profiles (bundles). I also dig the Studio Rockpack by Andy.

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Paired with the right guitar, the TAF Fender Toolkit will cover a fair bit of the ground you are asking for.

Also at TAF in Pack 2 he does a Hiwatt for The Who stuff.

And as far as jangle goes, back off the gain on the free Morgan AC20 preset - that one is good for a lot of things. Even if it's not exactly what you're after, it's a keeper :)

• WoW

Thanks everyone. This all gives me a good starting point.

I have many guitars..vintage strat, vintage RIck 360 six string (Peter Buck) a few Shecters and one with special PUP's I like as much as any super expensive guitar.

I play clean, I play super overdriven, They should have thrown the janglebox compressor into this thing for that 12 string Byrds sound. A mindblowing classic sound.

I'll go rig searching tomorrow. I tried some of the TAF sfuff...sounds good.

......It's like there are so many rigs....and people have their taste....but objectively thinking....

for most players looking for a certain amp sound some rigs will just sound better and I think you really only need a few of the best rigs for each sound.....instead of checking out 1000 plus rigs.

• Paired with the right guitar, the TAF Fender Toolkit will cover a fair bit of the ground you are asking for.

Also at TAF in Pack 2 he does a Hiwatt for The Who stuff.

And as far as jangle goes, back off the gain on the free Morgan AC20 preset - that one is good for a lot of things. Even if it's not exactly what you're after, it's a keeper :)

+ 1.
    A lot of the bands you named use an AC 30 in one way or another (Beatles, R.E.M., Split Enz). These will all be covered with the Morgan AC20 (or alternatively try some of the AC 30 factory profiles like the AC 30 linked or the 69).