Get this profile as long as it is free. This is an order!

• "Slash's tone" was a Kris Derrig Les Paul with Seymour Duncans plugged into a Marshall that wasn't an AFD100. :)

Funny thing, Kings Of Chaos were here in South Africa a few months ago.
    My buddies are the Marshall distributors here in SA, they have a few AFD100s in stock, but Slash insisted on JCM800s.

• I'd LOVE a slash profile pack but more his tones on use your illusion
    Its a very special tone

I had moderate lucky with an AFD profile (I bought andys but I have some user ones also so i can't remember)

What isolated tracks are there on rock band? AFAIK there are no use your illusion isolated tracks but I'd love to find some!

Someone needs to nail the locomotive sound!

• Same here. Never liked that one.

geraldo

For a slash tone I use the AFD100 profiles on the rig exchange paired with the greenback cab from the Siggi Mehl amp (or any other Greenback cab). I know Slash uses V30s on stage but cabs with those speakers just don't work for me. I also read somewhere that Slash uses old cabs with 25 Watt Greenbacks in the studio as well - particularly on sessions in their haydays.

Where is the siggi mehl amp? any chance of sharing the profile? :)

• Actually it might have been guitar hero tracks , heres a link to a pack that has sweet child of mine

and heres a link to gh welcome to the jungle

http://multitrackdownloads.blo…r-hero-3-multitracks.html

and you can listen live to the isolated guitar on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RS3oL53om4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiFQungnX0

• Where is the siggi mehl amp? any chance of sharing the profile? :)

It's a factory Rig ;)

The AFD100 I used is from the Rig exchange. It's a DI-profile as far as I remember, so you need to choose a cab of your choice and was done in the early days of the KPA. I thought it sounded much more like Slash than Andys AFD100.

Regarding the AFD amp: It actually is a JCM800 circuit and also has a second mode that is supposed to copy the mod done to a JMP Tremolo head and was the rental amp Slash used for the early records. So it's both: A JCM and a JMP. They both don't differ too much anyway...

• I wonder if in a few years all or or a lot of us Kemperites will do talking about certain profiles like the cork sniffers in some tube amp forums do about NOS tubes.
    I'm betting 'Yes'.

Not me though, I'm way too pragmatic. :)

LOL - NOS Profiles :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Looked it up in my Kemper:

The AFD100 profile I'm using is by "sheguitarplayer". It was originally a DI-profile so I have used the Greenback cab taken from the Siggi Mehl amp. There are two Siggi Mehl amps, one without any designation (it is actually the 100 Watt) and a S. Mehl 50 which is the 50 Watt version. Take the cab from any S. Mehl without "50" as the 50 Watter was profiled with a 30 Watt Blackback Celestion which wouldn't work too well for Slash.

Anyway, with that amp and a Les Paul with low-output PAF-type pickups I came very close to the isolated guitar tracks mentioned above.

I had no such luck with Andy's AFD100, sorry to say so Andy. They just don't sound like Slash, however the profiles by "sheguitarplayer" do.

• I gave that profile a try , damn its pretty close! It has a bit of midrange muffling on mine that I need to find a way to dial out or maybe try some other cabs but its pretty immediate

damn I wish sheguitarplayer did some more profiles of that amp!!

• which one did you get, mr vivz?

the redplate or sth else? i played the redplate yesterday again for 2 hours. somehow i have to tame some fizziness there.
    but it sounds so open in the mix and so alive, it is amazing still.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I'll have to agree with Geraldo.

I got the Redplate profiles up in my KPA this morning and like Geraldo I found myself playing for
    hours... This one is amazing. The clean profiles are some of the best I have heard - played on
    my MIM Tele.

It's really inspiring. Thank you Andy, all I wanted for christmas this year :thumbup:

• Here is a little sample of 3 of the profiles. Rather raw and out of the box. Don't know whether this is of help.
    But i like the redplate anyway.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.