How to remove a stompbox from rig?

• Press and hold the stomps button. Turn the Type knob all the way countercklockwise until you hit the blank entry. Done.

LOL. As intuitive as the KPA User Interface is...there are still little things like this that had me completely stumped. I was trying to do the exact same thing as the the OP. I must have spent a half hour trying to clear the "B" stompbox slot on a particular rig. Obviously, it was easy to turn off the effect. But I wanted to completely clear the "B" slot so there was nothing in it. Anyways, I couldn't figure it out. By the way, I couldn't find such instructions in the Basic or Reference manuals.

Thanks to GOOGLE, I found this thread. Of course, after you explained it, HELL-G, it is ridiculously simple, in hindsight. Nevertheless...if you didn't already know this, it isn't immediately apparent (at least to me), that this was the way to clear the slot entry.

But, this is also one of the great things about the KPA...there is always something new to learn and discover. The User Interface is quite wonderful, and powerful. For the most part, it is very intuitive, and welcoming to a new owner (me). This is especially the case if you have done your basic due diligence, and read the manuals beforehand. However, there have been a few occasions where I have had to go scrambling for my computer to search these forums (or the wiKPA site), in order to figure out how to do something that is not explicitly obvious, nor explained in the manuals. As is usually the case, the answer typically ends up being something that has me doing an epic <face-palm>. :D

No worries. This keeps me on my toes. :thumbup:

• You can also make a copy of an empty stompbox and paste this in the stompbox you want to remove.

[Blocked Image: http://innerconfidence.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/17tblgoitiqv4jpg.jpg]

Lol. That is a rather "creative" solution to the problem. Again, not something that I would have thought of...unless it was after a couple of pints of IPA. :D

Good stuff, WybZ. Just another example of how, on the KPA, there often multiple ways to accomplish a given task.

• And of course you could always Lock the empty slot so it's empty in all rigs, though I'm still not sold on whether having an empty Slot rather than an effect simply turned off really makes a big difference, at least I've never notice a lag or any residual tonal changes because of it. Although like Tritium I'm ready for my daily Kemper lesson lol.

• And of course you could always Lock the empty slot so it's empty in all rigs, though I'm still not sold on whether having an empty Slot rather than an effect simply turned off really makes a big difference, at least I've never notice a lag or any residual tonal changes because of it. Although like Tritium I'm ready for my daily Kemper lesson lol.

I am sure you are right, Booyah. In other words, there shouldn't be any difference between an empty stompbox slot and a stompbox slot that has an effect occupying it, but with the effect turned off. However, this was just one of those little things that started bugging me, when I couldn't immediately figure out how to accomplish this particular task.

In my defense...this "isssue" came up during what I believe was literally just my 2nd session with my brand new Kemper Power Rack.

I had pulled up a factory Profile that I liked, but it had a stompbox effect in slot "B" that I wanted to change. Now, of course, I realized I could just hold the soft button for the "B" slot, and get into the menu, and change it to the particular stompbox effect that I wanted. However, being a scientist, I wanted to take the hard way, and start from first principles (i.e. a completely blank slate). 8)

In other words, I wanted to learn how to completely remove any effect appearing in slot "B", and then build it from scratch. Besides, I viewed this as a learning process, to better familiarize myself with the KPA User Interface. In this particular case, the UI kicked my ass. LOL, I spent a half-hour trying to figure out how to clear the darn slot, but nothing I tried worked. And of course, it turned out to be something ridiculously simple (see HELL-G's post, above)...but wasn't immediately obvious, at least to me, at the time.

Edited 4 times, last by Tritium ().

• I actually got stumped by this as well when I was new to Kemper, gave up trying to figure it out and then stumbled on the Browse button fix by accident. I remember some old posts that tried to tackle the question about whether it's better to go blank or not, not sure where the debate ended up. I like my sound so much now doubt I'd change anything anyways, maybe it's the residual effects I'm addicted to lol.

• Though, besides all this, I'd prefer a hardware-delet-knob not only for effects, stomps and stacks but also for rigs, performance-slots and input- and output-presets (which increase during KPA-usage dramatically, and also the redundant naming of all kind of presets can be confusing)
    The method of erasing one of these different presets is not consistently unique. So you have to deal with it particularly, depending on what you want to delete.
    This could be solved better imo.