2 different headphones mix in a daw : Headphone amp ?

• Hi ! so I have a motu audio express. For outputs, it has main outs, line outs, spdif out and finally a stereo headphone out.
    I have a kemper, and also a roland td9 drum set. I would like to try to push to the extreme the '' Silent musicians '' idea by jamming at my apartment with my friend on the drums. I would be using a VST plugin for the drum, such as addictive drums or SteveSlate drums and would like 2 different mix for the drummer and for myself ( guitar/kemper )

What is the best way to achieve this ? With a headphone amp ? How would this work ?

Or is there a way to send the complete mix to the kemper via the main outs and have one pair of headphones on the kemper, the other on the audio interface ?

Thanks!

• Hi Maxime,

yes you can send a stereo mix to the Kemper: create a stereo Send/Subgroup in your DAW, route the send to physical outputs and connect to the Profilers Auxiliary and Return Inputs. In the Profilers Output section dial in the Aux>Headphones level until it fits to the Guitarsound level.

Cheers
    Helge

• Some of the Focusrite audiointerfaces allow you to easily achieve this. In the case of the 6i6, which I use, you have two headphone outs. Using the interface software (Scarlett Mix control) you can create a custom mix for each of the headphone outputs as well as any of the other outs. Comes in really handy when recording!

Cheers