Monitor Out noisy with DXR10

• Ingolf,
    I think you better talk to somebody there at Kemper that knows a little something about digital conversion and learn about what the benefits are in maximizing the signal path before A-D and before D-A along with the impact it has on signal noise not to mention dynamic range before making a such an generic assumption. You may actually learn something useful.

Well, I know very well about the theory of 'exploiting every bit' when going AD - DA, but everything I've mentioned earlier I actually gathered from Kemper about operating the profiler.
    So it seems you're the one who should talk to them, and why not?
    If you're not convinced, pose a question directly. They'll answer and I'm looking forward to the discussion.

• My Kpa is setup as best that is possible. I have no problem with noise... Besides I think the Kemper Team has plenty of other things more important to ponder at this present time. Any suggestions that I post are based upon a solid background in such endevours as those of the KPA team... You can choose to apply what works and what doesn't for one's personal taste. Knowing something about the bits, bytes and words as it relates to any digital audio system will help anyone create better presets with any Digital signal processing devices KPA or external . It's all good!

• With todays digital devices, there is no special precautions to be done, compared to analog devices.

Please press the ground lift switch of the monitor out and tell us if it made a difference.

• Thread resurrection...

I have the exact same issue with Yamaha DXR 10. Input 2 (TS unbalanced) connected to the Kemper monitor out with standard TS/TS cables. Lots of noise/hiss, independent from levels. Ground loop switch doesn't do much.

However: connecting the DXR10 on input 1 (XLR, balanced) with a XLR/TS cable no issues what so ever.

• @MascoSoundSystem
    This may be a gain staging issue. What is your Input Level knob setting on the DXR10? If you have it set to 10, with a low Kemper Output Level, try turning the DXR10 down - try 3 or 4, with a higher KPA Output Level.

What's the noise in the DXR without the Kemper connected? Keep DXR input as low as possible and Kemper Monitor out as high as possible.

Allready did that, helps a bit. Also did some fiddling on the input of the DXR and it turned out to have some dirt in it...

The whole thing isn't a really big problem. Thanks for the signal strength ratio.