Buying an Atomic CLR

• Let me know if you like the 2x12... Actually it looks killer and hope that it sounds like that.

Received my q12a today (ordered Wednesday). Really impressed although this means nothing on the first go - have to test it in a live situation...

Just testdrived it for 1 hour with the kemper and the profiles sound so much better than on my (not so cheap) studio monitors ?(:evil:
    Either this is just the feel of enough power or those monitors are not really frfr....

BTW, just tested the following, as I have a gig tomorrow and will not test the kemper there, I just tried to hook up my tube rack with an ENGL e530 tube preamp to the matrix (has a frequency compensated output with a cabsim built in).

I was really surprised about the sound. I had the sound from the preamp going into my Gmajor 2 FX unit and then normal output into the poweramp and my 2x12 - the frequency compensated output into the matrix q12 a. Was just great - I will use it tomorrow as a small stage monitor to enhance the sound on stage a bit...

was really a little bit scared at first because of the size as this thing is really small (2/3 of my 2x10 bass cab and half of my 2x12 guitar cab)... looks really tiny... I guess at 2nd one will relax myself a bit when playing live (-;

• It does look killer and I get frightened by the sheer power they release...wow! :thumbup:
    0.4 is enough on the master volume for the room I play in :D
    I tuned CloneTones Trivium profile to the cab and played along with the album for a bit.
    I really like what I hear...compared to the monitor speakers I used the other day these really pack some chumpy chugs, if you get what I mean ;)

I must say that your choice is also good, because the threshold is quite a bit lower if you want to buy a second one and get some stereo going on. I won't do that quickly, I guess, this is enough to carry around. Although, it's maybe a bit heavier than my Marshall combo, but the handles on the side make it quite easy to carry them.

gotta get back to try them some more now!
    cheers

• Size and weight was one main argument for me.... When I use the Kemper live I do not want to carry all the stuff that I have to carry atm. When I use my main rig live I have one 4x12 ENGL Cab (heavy as hell), ENGL Fireball, GSystem in a case, cables, mic stands, mics.... and 2 Guitars. This is enough for my car...

I plan just to take the kemper in a 3Unit Rack + Matrix Q12a + maybe an additional wedge / monitor like the yamaha dxr10 or another Q12a... should be much more comfortable.

• Just pulled the trigger on a CLR active wedge, cant wait to compare it to my Mackie HD1221, im hoping to get more clarity and better spread of the sound so the volume can get turned down with the band and still
    hear myself well.

• In terms of sound diffusion, the CLR is engineered to contain most of the signal into a 90 solid degrees cone. Within the cone there's the highest sound coherence in its category, outside it the sound is dampened down very quickly.
    Here follow some specs by the designer, they might shed some lights on your quest.

HTH :)

• "consistent radiation pattern over all frequencies".

That is exactly what im looking for, at the moment i have a small sweet spot and the sound changes a lot moving a few feet in the rehersal room (within the speakers 90x50 deg cone), the sound is more bass heavy and muffled toward the edges of the cone.