Posts by Atomic_Amps

I received my Passive CLR today and I'm more than blown away. I haven't had to tweak any of the profiles I've used so far(well a couple of the heavier rigs..I upped the presence). From heavy grind to crystal cleans this thing is awesome. I'm looking at my Mark V right now and all I see is a for sale sign on it. I never thought that would happen. I have the KPA power rack, the rigs and now the speaker to get any tone I desire. Awesome Cab. I highly recommend getting one of these if you have a power rack. So loud.....and clear.

Thanks for the help in the thread about the CLR's. It's a game changer.

Great to hear your digging your new CLR!!!

I'm in the same boat... sent 2 or 3 emails over the last 2 weeks and recently tried sending them a message on Facebook. Still no reply. I've told them I'm out of warranty and I'll pay for the repair, doesn't seem to matter.

Griff, I wrote you back on the 9th of October and still haven't heard back from you. Please check your inbox and spam folder for my response. I will forward it to you again so you know it was, in fact, sent.

This is a good example of what unfortunately happens sometimes with email communication. A customer's email is responded to and for whatever reason they don't receive it. This somewhat rare but not obscure. The customer then instead of contacting us again at the support channel brings the complaint to the public.

In this case we found the FB message first (today) but that is NOT the place to go for support (for many reasons).

A few months ago we staffed up and implemented new service guidelines to deal with our fast growth. As a result, communication on our end has got much better but because of reasons like this it's hard to keep it perfect. We know that on our end there is ALWAYS room from improvement but we're also always here watching for situations like this when necessary.

Thanks!

Tom

FWIW, I didn't know about this thread until last night. The OPs amp was on his way back to him on the Sept. 1st - two days earlier. It had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I'm looking forward to letting Atomic's actions speak louder than words now that we are staffed up to accommodate the fortunate growth of our business.

Hey guys, I feel bad that there have been some service issues that have not been handled as well as they could have been. I ultimately accept responsibility for them personally. We did have a big growth spurt that put stress on our infrastructure - as evidenced here. I agree that less than excellent customer service is not acceptable.

The good news is we've recently brought on staff to handle the higher sales and customer service volume in both the US and EU. It took a while to find the right people but I feel like we have a great team in place now. Service is very important to me and our customers deserve the best. I know we also have customers here and all over that have benefited from the outstanding service Atomic has provided for most of the 13 years Atomic been around - many times going beyond the call - and happily so. You can expect that from us going forward.

If anyone has any outstanding issues, please contact our support@ address. I guarantee you'll be taken care of quickly. If you don't get a response within 24 hours PM me here but barring some unusual circumstance I'm make sure that doesn't need to happen.

Thanks.

Best,

Tom King
    President
    Atomic Amplifiers

Smart idea to send your order number. I just sent you an email. We'll have you taken care of shortly. So sorry you had to wait so long. Your address has been taken off the spam list. Thanks for working with me on this.:)

Hi ach,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting through. I'm certainly not ignoring you on purpose. I tried to send you a PM but I'm getting a message that says "not authorized" so I'm not sure what's going on but I'd like to find a way to identify you so I can figure out what's going wrong so we can take care of your issue ASAP.

Best,

Tom

Hi Brick_top,

I think some of the confusion here is based on the perception that the Speaker Limit Indicator is a clip light. It is not. It is a signal that you are approaching the operating threshold of the speaker. There is at least 6dB more SPL in the CLR when you start to light it. The setting for it is too conservative. In hindsight we shouldn't have included it at all. We're considering getting rid of it in future production to avoid this type of confusion. Ultimately, it has no real purpose because there are other protective mechanisms that will prevent the speaker from being damaged. The moral of the story is to disregard the Speaker Limit Indicator and use your ears.

I find it very strange to hear people say the CLR is not loud. Most customers say it can be dangerously loud. The CLR specs are not hyped they are accurate (regardless of what other manufacturers may or may not be doing). When we say the CLR can do 120dB continuous / 130dB peak, that is based on conservative ratings using professional measurement techniques and test equipment. That's how loud it is for better or worse.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Tom King
    President
    Atomic Amplifiers

Thanks for the detailed infos, is there a link to the UK-store you could post here? Will the CLR be shipped within a few days?

Like I said the CLR for sure is a great FRFR-cab.

Hi Guenterhaas,

As I mentioned above, we expect to start sending out Reserve List invitations in the EU by the end of the first week in Oct. This could change a few days in either direction depending on how long it takes to get through customs and restock the warehouse. There is no public link to the EU store (or the US store for that matter). Since we're still shipping only to people on the reserve list we simply send an invitation with a link to our private web store. This will change once we're through the list.

Once an order is received we ship within three business days. Many times it's same or next day.

Currently our website has pricing, product info, specs and instructions on how to get on the CLR Reserve List.

By the way, respect to you and Ingolf. I can't say that I personally endorse your testing methodology but I do appreciate your opinions.

-TK

Just wanted to check in and say “hello”. I was sorry to see this topic get some of the negative attention that it did. I think hearing different people’s opinion is productive and I certainly understand that not everyone see things the same way or has the same needs.

I’d also like to clear a couple of misconceptions about the CLR:

Atomic opened a fulfillment center in the UK last spring which ships our products directly to all of Europe and Scandinavia. Shipping costs are low and VAT applies the same way it does for other companies shipping from within the EU (read: no duties).

The CLR is the same price in Europe as it is in the US (999.95 USD) making nearly $100 less expensive than the closest cost competitor covered here (I only mention this because the opposite has been alluded to earlier in this thread more than once).

Atomic is in no way affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems or the Axe-Fx. For the record, I think the KPA is an excellent and innovative product. As a matter of fact, I choose the KPA to showcase the CLRs exclusively in Atomic's suite at The NAMM show this year. Kemper, in kind, also used CLR wedges in their booth.

There is a new EU CLR shipment about to arrive in our UK facility in the next week. By the end of the first week in October we expect to be sending out Reserve List invitations to all of Europe again. We will have enough inventory to fill all orders on the EU list.

The CLR has features, specs and design elements that make it measurably and audibly different than any other option in its market segment. I won’t belabor these points here as I don’t think this is the time or place to do so. And by saying this, I’m not trying to discount anyone’s opinion as these things may or may not be the key reasons for going with one solution or the next based on an individuals wants and needs.

Atomic is a small company based in the US with a presence in the UK. We’ve been in business and building amplification solutions for modelers/profilers for over 10 years now. We are very passionate about the products we make. We are very customer focused and are pleased to service this community.

Naturally, I feel that CLRs are the best FRFR solution to amplify the Kemper but I don’t expect everyone to agree.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening. :)

Sincerely,

Tom King
    President / Founder
    Atomic Amplifiers