Expansion of Kemper`s AMP EQ section, adding tonestacks of modern and popular real AMP`s such as 5150, JCM 800, etc.

• This is extra idea of Kosten . http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…on-Rig-Exchenge/?pageNo=5

Expansion of Kemper`s AMP EQ section, adding tonestacks of modern and popular real AMP`s such as 5150, JCM 800, etc.

Thereby all future adjustments of initial profile tone will be sound similar to real AMP.

Implementation of such improvement (feature) also will be helpfull during profiling of real AMP DI (without cabinet), when cabinet impulses created with Cabmaker will be used as well.

Now firmware 2.8 and Cabmaker 2 are quite good for profiling and creation of nice tones if use this method, but variation of tone colors of Kemper AMP EQ`s are poor.

Whatever, it doesn`t matter which initial DI profile was applied, the tone created in accordance with this method will be sound almost similar, therefore the difference of gain/drive character is not so obvious as the difference of tone colors of AMP EQ`s.

In this case for some of my mates other guitar modeling processors were more attractive, the advantage is that each AMP has own tonestack, but Kemper has a limitation for final sound, the user couldn`t change initial profile tonestack.

That`s why most users perceive and of cause not without reason that other modern guitar modeling processors are more self-sufficient that Kemper.

In other words the user will be received practically unlimited power for creating his personal guitar sound.

This improvement (feature) will kill all advantages of other competitors modeling guitar processors.

For example: If user has DI profile of JCM 800 and cabinet created from impulse. He is choosing in Kemper menu «EQ» Tonestack Marshal JCM and he will get maximum similar sound as real AMP tone.

The same things with profile tone which we get from cabinet.

Changes of tone color will be similar as changes of real AMP EQ`s, while use AMP tonestack.

Thank you!

• Yeah i like the idea but i dont know how far you go with it. Theres always gonna be an amp that doesnt have a corresponding kpa tonestack. I think one from maybe 10 extremely popular amps would be enough. And id prefer the kemper team work on other things rather than a barage of tonestacks.

U could go the other way and add a method to profile your amps tonestack, with the profiling process "listening" to you turning each knob, although im not sure how well it could capture interaction between controls.

• Adding various tonestacks was mentioned in 2011 by ckemper before the release of the kemper and has been mentioned in several threads on this forum.
    From this long interview with ckemper about the profiler:
    http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949
    "3- The equalizer is another obvious tool to go beyond (the physical range of the profiled amplifier). We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original. But you can even choose another passive tone stack for your profile, or even a studio equalizer, that goes far beyond the boundaries again."

For me it's not important at all, but fine if they add it.
    IMO the vast majority of amps have a very limited and pretty bad tonestack. For me it's usually one or a few sweetspots with usable tone settings in an amp. The rest is unusable. Also, the tonepots in an amp vary from say 15-25% from amp to amp (same model) so a tone stack can never be exact.
    I always prefer using nice studio eq's or plugins that are so much more powerful in all aspects when sculpting eq tones from an amp.
    Every recorded guitar on albums have tweaked eq from the studio eq that has nothing to do with the real amp tonestack, and it sounds great.

A friend said the kemper tone stacks don't respond like the real amp and therefore sounded unnatural.
    I knew this was a classic case of confirmation bias (what you believe is what you see and hear).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    So to bypass his confirmation bias I performed a blind test and played the same profile with one original tone setting and switched to several versions with tweaked eq settings with kemper eq's and asked what is the original and "natural" amp. He didn't pass the test of course, and they all sounded good. :)

• The problem is that a tonestack is usually between the preamp and poweramp, meaning it has a dynamic effect that can't be reproduced.
    Even with the new profiling method, if there's no dynamics-modeling built in to the cab section, the tonestacks won't work as you'd expect and there's little advantage to them over a studio EQ.

However, i'd love anything that expands the EQ capabilities of the Kemper.
    A Q-control and center frequency for the tonestack?
    Studio EQ built in to the cab section?
    Fact is, most of us use mainly other people's profiles and thus often need to EQ them quite extensively.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• The guitar amps have all different sounding power amps to, so if you are using a preamp profile it will sound very different than the original when using the kemper power amp. So need for the studio eq in the output section would be the best, when tuning preamp profiles.