Adjusting rigs thru headphones

• I'm starting to get some rigs together for a gig,unfortunately neighbours won't allow me,to blast my Kemper,my question is if I set up my rigs thru headphone how would it transfer at bigger volumes ? My cabs have a global lock as I will be using a guitar cab,but do turn them of on whilst using my headphones.

• Due to Fletcher/Munson (Google if you like to know more about it) it's always best to tweak your sounds at the same volume you like to play them later. Also tweak them through the same system you'll use for higher volume.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I'm starting to get some rigs together for a gig,unfortunately neighbours won't allow me,to blast my Kemper,my question is if I set up my rigs thru headphone how would it transfer at bigger volumes ? My cabs have a global lock as I will be using a guitar cab,but do turn them of on whilst using my headphones.

I'm using headphones. I have spent a lot of time to know the "eq-profile" for my headphones so I manage to dial in a nice sound. But I'm using IEM when I play live so I don't have to deal with real cab issues. In your setup I think it will be relay hard to dial in the perfect sound since you have to turn on the cab when you use headphones and that cab may be very different to your own.

This may change in the 3.0 firmware, since you can profile your own cab more isolated. Then you can turn on your own profiled cab when you use headhpones and you will be much closer to the real deal.

• Thanks guys,thought that may of been the case,unfortunately we have one rehearsal before a gig,makes it hard.i will do a letter drop to the neighbours,warning them of loud guitar volume,I'll supply them with earplugs
    that should keep them happy LOL

• I think that play volume is the least of your issues here... I'd give much more weight to the absolute sonic differences between your HPs and the different PAs you'll come across.
    :)