Parallel vocal processing

• Lately I've been wishing that my VoiceLive Play's harmonizer were as customizable as Kemper's. I've also been reading about the parallel vocal processing capabilities of the Line 6 HDs and Helix. Any other singer-guitarists out there who wish their KPA could process their vocals in parallel with their guitar?

• In a word, no. My experience of vocal processors that aren't controlled by FOH is all bad, unless you have a dedicated sound man that's always out with you and you've had enough rehearsals to ensure complete understanding between you both, alongside what you want the processor to do and how to go about achieving it. Aside from that, I think a standalone processor would be much more flexible, but who knows? Just my experience and opinion, of course.

• I disagree about FOH controlling a dedicated vocal processor.
    It can be easily done from stage by the performer.
    I'm using a VoiceLive2 sometimes along with my profiler and it sounds great FOH.
    My need for controlling is very low though.
    I only switch it on and off, feeding my guitar to create the proper harmonies, but I don't even have dedicated patches for songs.
    If I needed more control i could build song- specific patches though and could control the via midi/profiler.

• I guess it depends on the vocal effect you want to use. There was always a problem with gain staging and feedback whenever I played with vocalists using one of those boxes.

• I guess it depends on the vocal effect you want to use. There was always a problem with gain staging and feedback whenever I played with vocalists using one of those boxes.

I'm using a bit of TC Helicon's great vocal compressor, a little delay and the harmony vocal in certrain parts of songs.