Boost od pedals help

• Hi guys,

i'm thinking of buying a boost or od pedal to use it in front of the kpa in order to push some profiles and add some meat cause i don't really like the internal pedals. What do suggest me? Which real pedals do you use? Thanks

Edited once, last by Ale ().

• thanks for the reply. I went to a guitar shop and bought a used ts9, i tried it with the KPA and it sounds great! the kpa reacts to the pedals like an amp. Fantastic. I also compared it with the green screamer and they sound really close, the green screamer does also more than the ts9 but it's not as real as the real thing, at least to my ears playing through headphones. Anyway, you can bring them to sound really close but the feeling of the real thing is different to me, although i think no one would be able to tell the difference in a mix or live. i think i will buy more pedals

• I've also found the pedals behave the same as in front of a tube amp.
    The overdrive pedals of KPA I find not very good. The modulation effects like the pitch Stifter, chorus, etc. I find very good. I hope that in a future firmwares there are more opportunities with reverb and delay.
    Otherwise, for me there is nothing to complain about. A great device!

• I use a few, it depends on the profile I find the pedals add some nice sustain.
    here is my list:
    Ibanez TS HW
    Ibanez TS Reissue
    Ibanez TS mini
    Fulltone 2B
    Fulltone OCD 18v
    MXR Bonamassa FET
    MXR Echoplex
    Suhr Shiba Driver

Edited once, last by drog ().

• I dig the internal KPA's pedals, I've been trying a few in front and could not really tell the difference. Don't forget the RECT and BIT pedals as well they are very useful for hendrix and other dirty tones. I'm still waiting for a few more models

I even took an experiment with just the green screamer and a CAB without any amp profile or EQ and it turned out very good :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it all depends what guitar, what profile, what pedal.

here's a great show with lots of demos
    check out all the shows.
    Love these guys
    That Pedal Show

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is possible that my loop is defective? I noticed that on clean profiles when i put my ts9 it seems that the overdrive and the clean do not blend, they're kinda separate..have you experienced something similar?

• Is possible that my loop is defective? I noticed that on clean profiles when i put my ts9 it seems that the overdrive and the clean do not blend, they're kinda separate..have you experienced something similar?

Check if your parallel path is enabled.

• so i should enable and crank the parallel path and then crank it, right? i tell you this because i enabled parallel path but also cranking to the right the knob the division between clean signal and ts9 signal was still there. This was more evident on clean profiles....little frustrated..it seems to me that the ts9 on clean profiles it doesn't work. I also noticed that when i kick in the ts9 using the loop distortion the volume increases a lot..help please

Edited once, last by Ale ().

• Not usable in what way?
    An overdrive pedal is meant to push an amp that is on the verge of breakup or already distorted and adds a boost to the signal just a little more to achieve the desired drive effect. Yes you can get some gritty tones alone with an overdrive but they work better IMO when used to drive an amp.

I never use an overdrive type pedal on a clean amp. I would choose a distortion pedal for clean amps.

Maybe try the same clean amp rig and add some gain to that rig, so it almost breaks up and then use the TS9 to add that little bit of drive to it. Use your guitar volume to clean up the Kemper when you want that rig to sound a little more clean.