Which Volume Pedal for Kemper

• Hello,

I´m very new in the Kemper World and so I would like to ask a question to the "Experts":

Which Volume Pedal is the best for the KemperAmp ?
    Maybe Ernie Ball EB6182 is a good choice ?

I use the FCB1010 to control the Kemper, but the pedals are not so good for controlling the volume...

Thank you for helping me.
    James

• I highly recommend the Yamaha FC7 volume control pedal. It's been around for decades which tells you their longevity as a product. They are still made in Japan out of extremely rigid rubber and built like a tank. It has a longer throw than most pedals, but works great with the KPA. I use one for wah and the other for volume, and they both are exceptional. What makes them a real stand out is the price. They can be had for <$40 USD ! So you can buy 2 of these for less than the price of the competition ...

• Interesting, thanks :)
    I'm currently on the market for an expression pedal... Would you mind giving me some further info?

I read it's spring loaded... does the spring comes in the way? How does it influence the use with the Profiler? I've never used a pedal with a spring... could it be removed in case? ;)

Is its excursion good for an exp pedal? It is natively a keyboard pedal...

I've read about the Fortissimo function: is it of any use with the Kemper?

I also assume that no polarity inversion is needed with the Profiler?

The Yamaha's internal pot has got an impedance of 50 kohm... no issue with the working range and\or calibration?

Thanks in advance for your time :)

• Here are my comments on your questions on the Yamaha FC7:
    * The spring does not get in the way. I really don't feel it, don't see it. So I don't know if it can be removed.
    * The excursion of the pedal is wide. Some people don't like it, but I do. If you use the KPA's feature where it stops the wah function when you don't move the pedal, it isn't an issue
    * I have not used the fortissimo function with the KPA.
    * No polarity inversion is necessary. Just choose type 2 in the KPA and this sets it correctly (read the manual on this to confirm)
    * I have no issue with calibration and range ... works fine.

I actually read somewhere that Kemper uses a FC7 and it is tested with the KPA.

One thing to note: the TRS cable is physically connected to the pedal and cannot be detached. It is also not too long so that it can be stored in the pedal itself. This could be an issue for some, though it isn't an issue for me since I have both pedals sitting next to the Kemper remote and plugged into it -- and thus the cord distance is not an issue.

• * The excursion of the pedal is wide. Some people don't like it, but I do. If you use the KPA's feature where it stops the wah function when you don't move the pedal, it isn't an issue

Thanks again :)

I've read that you can mechanically set the pedal to accommodate two approaches, "seated" and "standing": for what I've grabbed, it should change the pedal's physical excursion, allowing to choose "the first" or "the last" portion or its range of movement. Have you tried it?

:)