Any Reviews of Kemper with Mission Engineering Gemini 2 ?

• I am going to guess that since its a 2X12 FRFR that its going to have different capacities to the DXR's ?
    also its a STERIO FRFR...SO will sound like 2 wedges ? :D
    any how here is a good video demonstrating a good variety of sounds

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We just need the High gain or sinmix version :)
    also check out this review
    Why is this not more popular?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I have had the Gemini 2 for about two weeks now. I also own two CLR atomic wedges. This will be quick and dirty so ask any questions you may have if I don't cover it.

The Gemini is a great FRFR. It reminds me more of a cab than the CLR. You get that "thump" like a 2-12 guitar cab. Great sound dispersion and a very even sound, even when off to one side. I'm not familiar with each the DXR but I didn't like any speaker I tried that had the horn on on end. The sound would change drastically as I moved from speaker to horn side. Minor, but having a center HF driver solves that issue. You get a nice stereo spread but not near as good as two wedges a few feet apart. The eq on the cab comes in handy. I play a lot of cover tunes so I do use the BT when learning songs. Not a must have but a nice to have. This is somewhat subjective but it makes my rig very "traditional", a head on a cab. Looks great ;)

A few cons - it's big and heavy, needs side handles, for the size and weigh the top handle is not idea

It has an annoying pops and clicks when you turn it on an off.
    Not as quiet as the CLR
    I love both the the CLRs and the Gemini. It depends what you want. If you like the traditional on stage amp sound and feel, get the Gemini. If you want the studio sound from your "monitoring" cab, the CLRs excel.

I hope that makes sense. I'm keeping both, can't give up the portability of grabbing a single CLR and running a friends house or cranking up the 2x12 and bringing back my 80's memories !!

• Hammar thanks brother, now i cant decide to go for the wedges of gemini lol
    I am guessing the Gem stage feel is more "raw" and the wedges more "studio Crisp"

Bah , i like the THUMP Bruh,...SOLD,...ill get the Gemini based on that review.
    I bet 2 wedges sound awesome in stereo tho man...
    sold and very helpful my friend.

THANK YOU

long live the 80's brother!!! hahaha!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hammar i just thought of some thing, in the dual amp thread they are talking about wanting to have 2 profiles or amp stacking, now what i think would be as interesting..tell me what you think please

whats stopping us form hooking up a wedge AND Gemini FOR A DUAL different SOUND
    as opposed to 2 kemper per racks.. wont it be as interesting? sure people might like the dual amp
    for 2 different amp sounds, but i think you can equally consider that it would be an interesting mix of wedges and gemini
    in ONE RACK, if they both sound different why not?

have you ever tried ton rub the kemper through both the gem/wedge at once?

Ash